Amazon has own line of pedals now.

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by Miotch, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Grux

Grux Strat-O-Master

Not sure why anyone would be negative about this. There isnt any 'magic' in building a circuit whether it comes from boss, amazon, china or some local guy that charges triple for his. A circuit is a circuit and parts are parts.

Roddy the Hot Rod and nadzab like this.
  2. mapleglo

mapleglo Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

The tuner doesn't work very well with bass guitar.

Roddy the Hot Rod and CB91710 like this.
  3. CB91710

CB91710 No GAS shortage here Double Platinum Supporting Member

I'm not surprised.
    I find a number of tuners can be "iffy" even on the E on a regular guitar.
    How well does it work if you tune to the 12th fret harmonic?

spllbnd2 and Roddy the Hot Rod like this.
  4. mapleglo

It did a pretty good job on my 12 string.

I'll have to try it using harmonics on bass. It registered the "B" string, but had trouble tuning it. The dial is pretty shaky.

Roddy the Hot Rod likes this.
  5. DIYrocker

DIYrocker Senior Stratmaster

True enough (although I guarantee you that I build higher quality pedals than those ;)). I'd say it's not so much a negative feeling towards the pedals themselves as towards Amazon. There's lots of other great, affordable pedals out there like stuff from Danelectro, Joyo, etc. This just comes across as Amazon trying to get part of the guitar market by doing nothing more than putting their name on someone else's pedals.

6. skydog6653

skydog6653 Strat-Talker

Is there one called, “upside down house with a goat in it”? More chinese crap.

Roddy the Hot Rod and CB91710 like this.
  7. oliver b

oliver b New Member!

Hello,
    Who should help Amazon continue to kill everything around it?
    So many good used musical instruments and effect pedals everywhere on the web or down the street.
    Amazon is the death of the market, think about it, the bargains you have out there are killing people!
    Have a good day!

8. guitarchaeologist

guitarchaeologist Papa Americano Silver Member

All stainless steel cases and in weird a$$ shapes? :D:D:D

West44th and Roddy the Hot Rod like this.
  9. Miotch

Miotch Senior Stratmaster

Amazon only kills things if we spend money on what they are selling under their own name. There might be a deeper analysis that spending a pittance on a cheap pedal could eventually actually increase the market for more expensive pedals by letting people have a positive experience with a type of pedal they might never have bought and then turning them on to a chase for a better widget than the Amazon brand because they liked what they bought, but now think they can do even better.

I guess my personal thoughts are the only sales Amazon would be stealing at these price points, are other cheap clones all over the market place. Only reason I would spend $26 on a pedal is if I were looking for a sub-$50 pedal anyway. But I'm sometimes wrong.

10. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Silver Member

Well, John Mayer started it all with his Kirkland boost:

upload_2020-10-30_9-27-15.png

Roddy the Hot Rod and Miotch like this.
  11. OneWatt

OneWatt Strat-Talk Member Silver Member

Kirkland pedal is as brilliant idea. I'm just surprised you can buy 1... don't they come in 6 packs only?

12. stylemessiah

stylemessiah Strat-Talker

I heard that when activated the pedals will ask for customers to support Amazon workers during COVID, you know, just like that grub Bezos did instead of dipping into his own pocket, he expected you and i to donate money for amazon workers.

Would ever buy a single thing from Amazon, terrible company

They came to Australia and took the absolute pi$$ with pricing - trying to gouge (hint all American companies do, treat us like poo), and priced themselves out of the market here. Literally no one uses Amazon Australia that i know of.

Terrible company, hard pass.

13. PasadenaStrat

PasadenaStrat Strat-Talk Member Gold Supporting Member

If they came with the AC adapter I'd try one. But it's pretty cheap marketing to sell the adapter it needs separately.

spllbnd2 and Roddy the Hot Rod like this.
  14. The Tortoise

The Tortoise Strat-Talk Member

And it's connecting the outputs together for the win.

Roddy the Hot Rod and StratUp like this.
  15. StratUp

StratUp Strat-Talker

LOL. I was at Reverb recently and saw someone selling a terrible spring reverb unit from Lafayette Radio (circa late 70's) for $400. I had one back in the early days for my Harmony amp that only had tremolo. I kept mine around in a closet until the 90's when I checked and it was no longer working... tossed it out in the trash as it was never very good and hardly worth fixing.

But for kicks, I googled them. Sure enough, other people are attempting the same sale. Maybe it's the same guy: http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=301661474920

16. StratUp

StratUp Strat-Talker

I'd paint or label over the "Amazon Basics" logo. Or a permanent magic marker at the least. Maybe make up my own private label.

But I'd use them... I'm no pedal snob and won't thumb-under to the boutique crowd for something that only sounds .01% different -and only to another guitar geek - for 3x to 10x the cost. But, I might buy cheap clones that aren't from the Evil Empire of Amazon.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    CB91710 and Roddy the Hot Rod like this.
  17. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too.

I have a Lafayette amp from ~'65 that I restored. I'm happy with it, great tube-bias tremolo and it was a fun project. I've never seen the verb unit you're talking about though so I can't comment on quality.

18. mapleglo

My first electric guitar was a Lafayette 2 pick-up model. What a piece of junk.

19. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

20. bassworx

bassworx Strat-Talk Member

I've been using NUX pedals for years. I just bought their MG-300 multi-efx, and it sounds so good and has so many features, it will take me months to go through them all. Best of all, and most importantly, is the sound, and priced at under $140 at ZZsounds,
    In seconds I can have a Plexi with 4x12's, delay, chorus, and a looper sounding very close to the real thing. The modeling is second to none, and to my ears beats BOSS, Zoom, and the rest with TSAC-HD, Fractal AX-FX quality sound, core-image post-effects, and even 56 drum styles/beats. Direct-in recording also sounds better than anything else I've ever tried. It has IR too, so one can download/upload hundreds of other samples and sounds.
    Though it's compact and made of plastic, it's well-built, and is sooooo much nicer to use than the rack of fiddly pedals I have. Finally, it's given my Stratty new life and sounds I never knew the guitar was capable of. Sweeps, hammer-ons, and creamy smooth dynamics, all from a compact box. It's technology one can really love.