Amazon + NFL.

Boneman68

Strat-O-Master
Apr 12, 2021
CA
Sorry you feel that way, I on the other hand think its a great option. Especially for those who cut the cord and don’t pay for cable tv. Nowadays you just need a high speed internet connection and a prime account to watch football. Not too long ago if you wanted to watch football, you needed cable because it was either DirectTV football package or network TV. Prime accounts are inexpensive comparatively, not to mention the free shipping and prime video content. I’m not aware of complaints, and my video stream quality is never an issue. I guess count me in as one who loves it.

Boneman68

Strat-O-Master
Apr 12, 2021
CA
I haven't watched football in well over a decade, isn't it still on ota, network TV?
Yes, true, if you have an antenna or rabbit ears, and in sight of the TV towers you can get it over the air free. NBC has the SNF game, or it’s whatever game CBS or Fox have in your market, ESPN has MNF, and Prime has Thursday.

dspellman

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 24, 2013
Los Angeles
I watched the game last week on Thursday and thought the broadcast team did a great job. It was well done. I order enough stuff on amazon that prime makes sense for me plus we stream a lot of movies.
My bladder and my cookie monster both want a commercial break occasionally.

And *constant* commentator blather really doesn't do it for me. I'm good with Al Michaels, but I'd love to hear some of the bad language going on either on the field or on the sidelines.

Wouldn't even mind occasionally hearing some girlfriend crabbing about the food, etc.

Maybe have a occasional feed from some fan bar.

abnormaltoy

Mouth draggin' knuckle breather
Apr 28, 2013
Tucson
You mean that game where a bunch of chaps kick a ball around for 90 minutes trying to get it in the netted box?

No. 😇

I think though that my grandson, even if his tender young age likes SOCCER, if this unfortunate trend continues, I may have to learn the rules of the game so that I can play it with him.
I can bring a cot to the games, so that I can have a lengthy nap in the middle of the game.

Last edited:

Della Street

Parasite
Platinum Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2022
USA
Sucks . I see quite a few people complain about the poor quality of the feed. And now having to have Amazon prime $$ to watch football, Amazon is just too far reaching.I stopped using them five years ago.
i know nothing about this as i only watch old Perry Mason and it streams fine.
but this is a message of support and agreement, 'cause that's what friends are for.
✊

Della Street

Parasite
Platinum Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2022
USA
No. 😇

I think though that my grandson, even if his tender young age likes SOCCER, if this unfortunate trend continues, I may have to learn the rules of the game so that I can play it with him.
I can bring a cot to the games, so that I can have a lengthy nap in the middle of the game.
fine, if everybody likes it now, make it a dignified respectable American soccer:
- add embellishment penalties
- fix moronic off-site rules
- stop arbitrary time-keeping
then we can respect the feat of athleticism and stamina it takes to run about for an hour and a half.