Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

American Deluxe Strat Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by StratDen, May 24, 2010.

1. StratDen

StratDen Senior Stratmaster

May 23, 2008
    NY
    The American Deluxe to me is Fender's answer to continuing to develop the Stratocaster while keeping true to it's foundation. Becuase of this blend of innovation and purity, it's no doubt why this model tops the list of all of the Strats that I enjoy.

I thought it fitting for those who own (or may want to one day own an American Deluxe Strat), that a club thread of it's own begin... So I'll kick it off with my newest 2010 AM Dlx Ash in Tobacco Burst w. N3's and RWFB that I have also made my avatar. And another excuse to put to post these pics...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010

2. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Well now I've got to take some photos of my 2008. Yours is a beauty.

3. Wideglide

Wideglide Senior Stratmaster

Jan 28, 2010
    Portage, PA
    2007 American Deluxe QMT HSS - rear routed with Quilted Maple top, ebony fretboard with abalone dots, SCN1's at the neck and middle, Seymour Duncan Custom TB-5 Trembucker at bridge, Schaller staggered locking tuners, LSR roller nut.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010

4. StratDen

May 23, 2008
    NY
    Great, can't wait to see your '08 Dlx...

5. StratDen

May 23, 2008
    NY
    Lookin' really hot, WG! Love that QMT! I bet the SD in the bridge really kicks too! Nice features throughout, I bet that's a keeper for you.

6. crane

crane Strat-Talker

May 5, 2010
    PA.
    nice !
    i'm still waiting for my amber deluxe to become available, the date keeps getting pushed back

7. StratDen

May 23, 2008
    NY
    Hang in there, Crane...

8. Wideglide

Wideglide Senior Stratmaster

Jan 28, 2010
    Portage, PA
    It's definitely my number 1, and a joy to play. I rarely pick up the other two anymore, unless I want the sound of the Tex Mex's in my MI? for something twangy. I'd say it will be buried with me, but my son plays now, and I don't want to be dug up in the middle of the night! :p

9. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    My photography ain't so hot but here is my Number 1 with the
    GFS pups and the s-1 disconnected. I also noticed the serial starts with a DZ7 so I guess its an 07.

I feel the need to explain the color. I love sunburst (my favorite actually), but thought the chrome silver would be less common. I also like 60s sci fi and though they could have used one like this in any of the movies where they wear tin foil helmets.

Attached Files:

10. melodico

melodico New Member!

Apr 29, 2010
    Puerto Rico
    StratDen, nice guitar. What are your thoughts on the N3's pups? Do they really deliver vintage tone? I'm interested on the 2010 HSS version but I want to be sure, and no guitar shop here has one so I can play it a little bit to see for myself. Thanks.

11. Lua1

Lua1 PolyMayerMaple Strat-Talk Supporter

Mar 24, 2010
    Avondale
    very interesting combo amstratnut! i think i really like it...id like to see that pg on some other colors....having trouble visualizing it:)

12. mahler

mahler Strat-O-Master

Mar 8, 2010
    NY
    Am I the only one who thinks Amstratnut's guitar with a gold anodized pickguard and white pickup covers and knobs would look great? Gold against silver seems cool!

13. strategic

strategic Strat-Talk Member

Apr 3, 2010
    NEVADA
    here are some pictures of my 2004 american deluxe 50th anniversary, your right the deluxe is the cream of the crop.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. StratDen

May 23, 2008
    NY
    I could stop with this guitar and be happy for the rest of my days. (Of course I won't becuase that's just against my, nature to own just one guitar :) ). But I really do mean I could stop with this guitar and never need another, it's that complete of a package for me and is seems to be the answer to the age-old question "If you could only own one guitar, which one would it be?". As to your question about delivering vintage tone I know this is a quite subjective area, but I'll go as far as saying the N3's combined with this S1 system give me a significant sense of more range of tone than the Fralin Real 54's and Vintage Hots which I once had installed in my '03 Strat. If you have the chance to try one in-person, that would be the best measure for yourself, but I'd recommend this new Deluxe without any hesitation.

15. StratDen

May 23, 2008
    NY
    Nice! I remember after production ended, supply of the Dlx 50th models dried up quick and were demanding a bit of a premium on the secondary market. Fender offered a nice touch witht the subtle touches, including the 50th logo cases that came with them.

16. StratDen

May 23, 2008
    NY
    I think that a few other combinations would work as well. I like it as he has it though...

17. ponderwilu

ponderwilu Strat-Talk Member

Feb 12, 2010
    Southern Md
    My 2009 American Deluxe. When plugged into my Peavey Classic 20 it's magic.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    The colors are stock. Like I said it appealed to the sci fi movie fan in me.

19. timegoesback

timegoesback Strat-Talker

Jan 10, 2009
    the park
    Aaaah GAS!!!

Anyone have pics of a honey blonde deluxe v-neck? :)

20. amstratnut

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Taking pictures of you rguitar in front of a cool motorcycle or beautiful woman just ain't fair. And what swith the great pics anyway. I cannot get my camera to do that. My guitar would look great leaning on the USS enterprise.