1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

American Professional II Stratocaster??

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Jethro1972, Sep 15, 2020.

1. JJ119

JJ119 Strat-Talker

I ALMOST like that Miami Blue.
    Not that I could get one, HOWEVER, I would be drooling if it had an Ebony fretboard.

Well,
    At least with this Run, you get a
    Hard Case.

ETA

Heckit!!
    I didn't realize there was a Dark Night.
    Drool Factor ~ Engage

Last edited: Oct 14, 2020
  2. drugo

drugo Strat-Talker

hi
    I guess the price will drop down soon
    well they don't use pao ferro , but still rosewood , is a laminated rosewood?
    I don't see serious improvemets , the new blue is WOW , but I love colors like a yellow or an orange capri or hot red , and sunburst obviously

never played a strat with Roasted Pine , is a very light wood?

may I know the price in usa? In Europe are € 1,849.00
    thanks

3. thxphotog

thxphotog Strat-Talker

I have it on my HSS. I like having it for the obvious reasons of finding more tones but neither bridge/neck or all three are my favorite. Just different.

Mike Manhost67 likes this.
  4. integra evan

integra evan Strat-O-Master

Oh, if they made one in Candy Apple Red with the rosewood board and HSS, I'd get it in a heartbeat. Yes I know the first run had it, but the contoured heel is really what makes it.

joesatch and diogoguitar like this.
  5. diogoguitar

diogoguitar Senior Stratmaster

I was 99.9999999999% sure I was going to buy the Fujigen Expert in ash body which costs about the same, but it has the top notch fret work and a bridge I like better (Gotoh 510). The only mod I'd make I think is to swap the bridge pickup to a single coil and add ss frets.

I'm still debating between the two now that this miami blue in maple is available for lefties with the carved heel joint

https://fujigen.shop/products/detail.php?product_id=1331&category_id=45

[​IMG]

Deviljho, crawdaddy and drugo like this.
  6. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Most Honored Senior Member

I too was considering that Miami Blue.....then I remembered that I have a G&L in Himalayan Blue which is pretty darn close....

might have to look at the Mercury.....

20190131_092621.jpg

diogoguitar likes this.
  7. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Strat-Talker Platinum Supporting Member

The American Professional always came with a hard case. All of mine did.

JJ119 likes this.
  8. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

I've seen the Miami Blue Strat in person and it really pops. For my eyes, it pops a bit too much. Kudos to Fender for new colors, but they should have revived Cerulean Blue. THAT was a great color.

I've also seen the Dark (K)night in person. It's interesting, but not my cup of Pantone. I guess if you're a big Batman fan, you'll love it.

The pine body Strat, which I also saw, looked nice...but the finish had a plastic-y look to it. The weights I've seen for some listed online indicate it's hardly a lightweight guitar, though, as you might hope for with a pine body.

The Mystic Surf Green I didn't see in person, but it looks fantastic in the photos. And the Mercury one looks pretty cool with a rosewood board.

Ultimately, I'm not digging the sound of any of these, though. They seem to be designed for more of a modern hard rock player. I guess I'm more of a fuddy duddy.

Today I went back to the shop that had these new Fenders and came home with a Harmony Juno.

J4ME5 likes this.
  9. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

G&L's Himalayan Blue is MUCH nicer than Fender's Miami Blue.

CB91710 and crawdaddy like this.
  10. CB91710

CB91710 CB91710 in a Legible Font Double Platinum Supporting Member

And of course, colors rotate frequently.
    Outside of the Mod Shop or Custom Shop, with their price premium, they can't offer every color on every model. Olive may or may not be back next year, or may show up on the Tele.

11. jtoomuch

jtoomuch Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I have it and I really like it. Chords are rich and full on the bottom and the top really rings out nicer. I never had it before but I really like it.

Mike Manhost67 likes this.
  12. Twin

Twin Strat-Talker

I’ve had it too,great addition.

jtoomuch and Mike Manhost67 like this.
  13. GilmourD

GilmourD Strat-Talker

The actual MSRP is only $50 different. I'm guessing you got a deal on yours, which you're clearly not going to get on a newly introduced model that isn't in full distribution yet.

Anacharsis likes this.
  14. diogoguitar

diogoguitar Senior Stratmaster

That's a sexy guitar.

Yea i hear you. I have a surf green strat that is in a similar color palette.
    I have to see both in person to see which one I like better but my first reaction is I like the surf green better. Regardless, this comfort carve thing is a big plus on a strat for me.

surf green.jpg

15. ArnoNoid

ArnoNoid New Member!

The MSRP is only $50 more, but when the price of the first American Pro was set, the euro value against the USD was better than it is now. Now that the Euro is a bit lower, that $50 bump means a much bigger bump in Euros since they’re using the current exchange rate.

16. Jethro1972

Jethro1972 Talentless Hack Silver Member

Undoubtedly, there will be plenty of special orders from big stores to do other colors. I can’t imagine Adorama would want to be without their lake placid blue. And Guitar Center will have some “exclusive” color.
    Maybe not, but I would be surprised if we don’t see more colors out there soon.

Tguitarfloyd likes this.
  17. CB91710

CB91710 CB91710 in a Legible Font Double Platinum Supporting Member

It's actually pretty close to the 2018 peak at $1.17 and the 2nd highest it's been since 2015.

18. nutella_ultras

nutella_ultras New Member!

Europe 1850 euro. Its hard to find reason to buy it.

19. ArnoNoid

ArnoNoid New Member!

You’re right. What the hell is going on with European prices then? They know they’ll have limited stock and want to squeeze more money out of European consumers?

CB91710 likes this.