1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

American Professional II Stratocaster??

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Jethro1972, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

These look really well designed, but I haven't heard anything I like in the demos. They sound harsh to me, with no character.

JJ119 likes this.
  2. Lewbypls

Lewbypls Strat-Talker

The ultra line and the performer line have that feature

Mike Manhost67 likes this.
  3. Mike Manhost67

Mike Manhost67 Strat-Talker

Thanks, was wondering if anyone else had that mod done on their Strat and if they recommend it, sorry if I was unclear.

Lewbypls likes this.
  4. J4ME5

J4ME5 Strat-Talk Member

I have to be honest... there's a lot to like about these guitars, but I've been contemplating long and hard on the new colours, for a few weeks now in fact – and I have come to a conclusion today... I have to say – I'm not feeling them at all. I commend Fender for releasing new colours – indeed I appreciate it, but... I can't help agreeing with a poster above, who wished to see the Fiesta Reds and the Lake Placid Blues – I feel a tiny bit... alienated – looking at some of these colours... like I don't see / recognise the American Pro / Standard anymore, if that makes any sense... Why not Fiesta Red? Sherwood Green!? Graffiti Yellow!?!? So many amazing existing colours that I bet would sell a TONNE!

I don't know – maybe I'm talking sh*t. Am I finally becoming a old man? Is that what this is??

Is this what I've become!?!? Well... I don't care!

If wanting a Fiesta Red Strat means I am becoming an old man – then I don't want to be young!!!

5. Lewbypls

Lewbypls Strat-Talker

If fender dropped a graffiti yellow strat right now, I would buy it instantly. lol Been wanting a fender strat in that color for like almost 2 years lol

Just checked their mod shop and it isn't even a color option for strats >____>

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    J4ME5 likes this.
  6. ArnoNoid

ArnoNoid New Member!

Hey extremely sorry about having come off like I was complaining about you! I was complaining about these dudes, not you putting the link up, which was super relevant input. And I was actually a bit too hard on these dudes.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Black59 likes this.
  7. ArnoNoid

ArnoNoid New Member!

Trying to get a feel for these v mod IIs compared to the former ones. From what I can gather from a few videos that talk about the differences between the two, it seems the new ones are: hotter and brighter, but overall still very similar to the previous ones?
    Like many people, the dark night one seemed pretty cool to me at first, but not really after a closer look. It just feels too modern looking to me. I really dig some of the other colors though, like the blue and the mystic foam one. Plus they still have their good looking Sienna sunburst one for the pine bodies.

J4ME5 likes this.
  8. ArnoNoid

ArnoNoid New Member!

It’s apparently even more rolled. At some point, like the guys at Anderton’s said, it seems Fender will just give us a wooden cylinder with strings on it. I felt the Am Pro I were already rolled plenty.

Nerd likes this.
  9. Black59

Black59 Strat-Talk Member

Oh no worries! No apology needed, I knew where you were coming from! Really appreciate it though

10. Bluestrat83

Bluestrat83 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Never been a fan of the V-mods but these new ones sound promising in all the reviews I heard... the silver one (Mercury) wow I would buy it in hss but all the new color are awesome I would take any... I know I like that neck profile! The new colors are just rad!

But overall still expensive new IMO, personally I would wait some time to get an used one!

11. The Ballzz

The Ballzz Senior Stratmaster

So, is that "Dark Night" a flip/flop kinda color or is it darker in the middle, like a reverse burst? Sad to see the "Antique Olive" color go away. It was a pretty neat color that would have looked great with a rosewood finger board, though it was never offered that way!

Just My $.02,
    Gene

JJ119 and Lewbypls like this.
  12. diogoguitar

diogoguitar Senior Stratmaster

13. GarrettM

GarrettM Strat-Talk Member

I'm not buying one, cause wife would kill me, but that Miami Blue/maple is very nice.

Tguitarfloyd likes this.
  14. Nerd

Nerd Strat-O-Master

Aw good to know. Thx

Davey76 likes this.
  15. Davey76

Davey76 Strat-Talk Member

I have to say, I’m not impressed by the new Am Pro 2 series at all. New heel is appalling for a traditional iconic set of instruments. Push pull knobs on the Strats. Not one standard model to be seen anywhere. Sorry Fender, I’m out. 6 of your guitars, you’ve done well out of me but I’m afraid the game is over. You’ve massively dropped the ball.

16. Davey76

Davey76 Strat-Talk Member

The range is even worse than the name. They are trying too hard and could end up where Gibson found themselves in a few years time.

17. crawdaddy

crawdaddy Most Honored Senior Member

I wonder if they made a mistake and placed the ad in error.....CME, Southpaws, and others are showing pre-order.....

At least we are happy to be a part of something new from Fender and not the red headed step child....:D:D.....or maybe I should say the white, black, or sunburst step child.....:whistling::whistling::rolleyes::rolleyes:

diogoguitar likes this.
  18. Murphcaster

Murphcaster Senior Stratmaster

Hopefully I'm not misunderstanding your post, but they did offer the American Pro Antique Olive model with a rosewood board.

AO.png

Tguitarfloyd and Lewbypls like this.
  19. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Strat-Talker Platinum Supporting Member

It's a reverse sunburst. That is definitely not for me, but it's certainly catching a lot of eyes.

20. John C

John C Most Honored Senior Member

The Dark Night looks a lot like the old blue pearl dust finish found on Strat Pluses/Strat Plus Deluxes back in the late 80s/early 90s; found this shot online:

[​IMG]

I believe he means that the Antique Olive is not offered on the new American Professional IIs; it's now discontinued. But it seems like Fender made plenty of them; some might still be available new but there should be some on the used market.

Mech and CB91710 like this.