Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

For Sale American Vintage '59 Strat. Sonic Blue

Discussion in 'Guitars for Sale, Trade or Wanted' started by Jerbear, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Jerbear

Jerbear Strat-Talk Member

A 2016 guitar, brand new and in excellent condition. It's a special edition version of the American Vintage '59 Stratocaster, made specially for Wildwood Guitars. What makes this guitar unique compared to the other American Vintage '59 guitars is this one features 6105 fret wire (easier to play, IMHO) and the 5-way pickup selector switch (for the full range of Strat sounds). If you're a vintage purist, a 3-way selector switch is also included in the case candy and can be easily changed out. This guitar was manufactured in 2016 and is in near mint condition. It has only been played a couple of times and has never left my studio. There is one, very small blemish (pictured). It is a slight dent in the paint beneath the input jack. It's up for auction on eBay with a Buy It Now price of $1,999, but I'd sell it outright to anyone here for $1,750. If you'd like to bid: http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/132127405568?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 15, 2017
    shupe13, dueducs and ocean like this.
  2. ocean

ocean Most Honored Senior Member

Apr 14, 2015
    In a house
    People will want to see headstock..

3. Jerbear

Good call. I've added them to the original post.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. Pulsar

Pulsar Strat-Talker

Feb 6, 2016
    Savannah
    Oh good lord, that's pretty.

6. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Strat-O-Master

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
  7. Mr Betsy

Mr Betsy Strat-Talker

Oct 22, 2016
    Sydney, AUS
    Oh man. If only.

8. Jerbear

Somebody please talk me out of this. Either that, or buy it quickly while I've still got the stones to sell it. Due to an error made by my CPA, I owe $1,900 to the IRS by April. I have that and can pay it today. BUT to make sure that it doesn't happen again, I have to pay in quarterly payments for next year of $1,400, the first of which should be made by April 15. I don't have that much extra in savings.
    I've been sick to my stomach ever since I listed it on eBay yesterday. Either tell me why I should try to make up the estimated payments later in the year, or BUY IT NOW. I can't bear the pain of looking at this guitar in the classifieds. Seriously, this is a cry for help.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  9. Paul Strat

Paul Strat Strat-Talk Member

Mar 3, 2017
    Muscle Shoals, AL
    I feel your pain! I've had to part with some great gear over the years. A couple of Strats that have especially gnawed at me. I've sworn to never sell another piece of gear unless I just don't bond with it!

10. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Strat-O-Master

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
  11. ChukkerNation

ChukkerNation Strat-O-Master

Apr 9, 2015
    Magrathea
    Don't sell it. I sold guitars for immediate funds. You will figure out another way to get the money. It will take you years to replace the guitar, if you ever do.

12. Kenshin88

Kenshin88 Strat-Talker

Jul 22, 2011
    USA
    That is a gorgeous guitar and the exact one I've been lusting after for some time now. That sucks to hear that you've fallen on hard times though. Hate to part with things just because the government wants to rob you of even more of your hard earned money (taxes). I've been there.

Jerbear likes this.
  13. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Strat-O-Master

Nov 30, 2014
    WI
    Does yours have a pretty slim neck or is it a little chunky?

Not that I have the bucks for another guitar right now, but I tried what I think is the same model at local shop and it was fantastic.

Jerbear likes this.
  14. KiwiStratFan

KiwiStratFan Strat-Talk Member

Apr 19, 2015
    New Zealand
    Man that's a lovely looking Strat - seriously Jerbear, if you can find another way, I'd be tempted to hold on to her, I'd hate for you to regret selling later on... :(

15. Jerbear

Trust me, I'm very tempted to keep it, but I need the money more than another guitar.

16. Oresti

Oresti Strat-Talk Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Indiana
    Is it still for sale? Looks like the auction ended?

17. Jerbear

It's still for sale. I'll be relisting it this evening on eBay unless I can sell it on here beforehand.

18. bloozeman

bloozeman Strat-Talker

Oct 20, 2013
    Pennsylvania
    Any interest in a trade for a mint Dr Z Route 66 amp?

19. Jerbear

Sorry, I need the funds.

If anyone wants to make an offer just send me a private message. I'll try to work with you.