An oldish video.

JustABluesGuy

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 3, 2016
Somewhere
Thr
I shot this 10 years ago on my iPhone 3. Things have come a long way since then. LoL

It's an instrumental version of my tune Powerglide. Which is ironic...because in the video I'm driving my old 59 F100 with a 302 and a C4.

The things you do when you're bored on a hot Iowa summer day.

The tune has real “drive” to it. Great road music! Thanks for sharing it.

Gridlock

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 18, 2020
Tampa, Fl
Nice, video, song, playing, and a very cool old Ford truck. Nice job and Thanks for sharing.

But, a Powergilde is a GM 2-speed automatic transmission, perhaps you sould rename the your video, “C4”.

El Gobernador

fezz parka
Apr 21, 2011
Nunyo, BZ
But, a Powergilde is a GM 2-speed automatic transmission, perhaps you sould rename the your video, “C4”.
Duh. This is the irony. The song is about a 1963 Corvette with a 327 and a two speed Powerglide. Listen to the vocal version posted above.

"I got a 327 and a two-speed Powerglide" right there in the lyrics.

"Blew the doors off an old black Ford" is talking about my truck. LoL

Last edited:

Gridlock

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 18, 2020
Tampa, Fl
Duh. This the irony. The song is about a 1963 Corvette with a 327 and a two speed Powerglide. Listen to the vocal version posted above.

"I got a 327 and a two-speed Powerglide" right there in the lyrics.

"Blew the doors off an old black Ford" is talking about my truck. LoL
Oops, didn’t listen all the way.

Gridlock

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 18, 2020
Tampa, Fl
LoL. Pays to listen.

I've always been a Ford guy, although I did have a Skylark GS and a 68 Camaro RS. The Skylark was a straight line monster. The Camaro too.

The F100 was my baby though. Loved that truck.

Nice collection, I was always a Chevy / Pontiac guy in my younger days,

I owned a couple of ‘55 Chevy Belair’s, a Pontiac GT-37, a Trans Am, and I bracket raced my ‘69 302 Z28 and a 454 Corvette.

Nice that you still have those cars. I’ll have to listen to your video again, and this time, all the way through.

El Gobernador

fezz parka
Apr 21, 2011
Nunyo, BZ
I’ll have to listen to your video again, and this time, all the way through.
The lyrics aren't in the video...it's an instrumental. I posted the vocal version below it.
Nice that you still have those cars.

Past tense (did have...was...loved). Along with a 63 Falcon Sprint and a 63 Ranchero. And a Lotus Eclat and Esprit.

Now I have a couple of Toyotas and some memories. And better gas mileage.