And I was hoping to be out of the woods by now!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Believer7713, Jul 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Believer7713

Believer7713 The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein Silver Member

Apparently not!!!

Now we are heading into round two here in KC. Starting Monday the indoor mask mandate for any public building is being reinstated.:confused: This almost feels like one step forward...two steps back.:thumbd:

Is this happening anywhere else?

This is only to ask the posed question and not get into anything else at all. If you want to make this political then I will tell you to continue on. It is not meant to be in any way.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
  2. Dougeryb

Dougeryb Strat-O-Master

Governor in WA state will be making an announcement today. My wife specializes in infectious diseases and told me to mask up due to the Delta variant.

3. cranky

cranky Senior Stratmaster

Yep. Nevada too. Our vax rate has stagnated at around 50% and it's screwing everything up.

4. Believer7713

Yeah, I think we stagnated somewhere around the high 38% rate here in the KC area. One of the big issues here is that the city spans two states and no one can seem to get on the same page about anything.

5. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Silver Member

Nevada County has a population under 100,000 total

Gents Gentrifyin

Guys that thought they'd be
    {
    logging
    Installing snow chains
    Cutting fire wood
    Panning for Gold in the Yuba river
    }
    I don't have to study
    Don't tel me what to do...

And
    Rich sometimes
    And
    Poor often
    And
    Sometimes Divorced
    women
    =====================
    And
    Myself

The infection rate has never really slowed here...

Mrs. Reads that and the Obits to me daily

6. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Most Honored Senior Member

News here is positive but I suspect a few hicup's here and there before we are finished, I for one will still be circumspect for a few months yet.

7. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

This ain't over. By a long shot.

FWIW...I never stopped wearing a mask in public.

8. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

I've never stopped wearing it indoors, and don't plan to until this passes. Whatever year that happens to be.

9. Believer7713

I never thought that the virus would be gone. I was one of the first people in the KC area to be fully vaxxed and have been able to go without a mask and breathe unrestricted. Now we are going to have to wear them again no matter the vax status.

Edit: I just found out that one of my cousins is in the hospital with it. She can't take the shots due to allergies to it and ended up contracting the virus this week. She is the only one in her immediate family that can't take it and the only one to get it too. I am feeling so bad for her right now too.

10. dbb541

dbb541 Strat-O-Master

I haven't heard any announcements where I am but assume it's coming any day. I find it ironic how the vaxed are being asked to wear a mask to protect the unvaxed Basically to protect those who have made the choice to be unvaxed and also many of them don't seem to want to wear masks.
    I get that a vaxed person can become infected but the level of sickness seems pretty low.
    I do understand there are people who are unvaxed due to health issues or are children. I will wear a mask where required to protect those individuals.
    I am fully vaxed

11. 33db

33db Senior Stratmaster

Yes it is happening else where.

https://twitter.com/RWMaloneMD

Guitarmageddon likes this.
  12. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

Yes because even if you're vaccinated, you can be asymptomatic and shed the virus. And with variants that are 1000 times more contagious...it's a crap shoot.

I'm fully vaccinated. The vaccine protects you from serious illness. That's all.

13. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

We've never stopped wearing masks here since like last March.....we've had lockdowns, re-openings, etc and soon we'll be fully re-open to normal within the next few weeks.....but we've had to wear them the whole time. I'm just used to it. As a cancer patient I'd probably keep on wearing one even if they didn't make them mandatory in buildings etc....

I'm double vaccinated....Pfizer.....cancer clinic made it happen fast.....I got the shots 4 weeks apart.....

14. Believer7713

I wouldn't blame you one bit either. My dad has advanced level Parkinson's Disease and I haven't even been in the same room with him in over a year now...Haven't see either of my parents in that long as my mom is my dad's caregiver. Since I work for the PD I am around people that have it all the time so I have chosen to be the guy that "bad guy that dosen't want to be around the family" according to everyone.
    The tough part is that I miss my family and wish I could see them but I'm the only one other than my wife that has been jabbed.:(:(:(

15. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

I should state, we had one lockdown, then things were eased and you could do patio dining. Then they allowed indoor dining. This was well before the vaccine was widely available to anyone. After numbers came back up (surprise surprise), even though people were wearing masks (Canadians are pretty compliant, I'd say you might see 1-2% of customers not want to wear one - IF that) - well, we went into another long lockdown, that's only just being eased here in the last month....

But all the time, everywhere people went, they wore masks.....it still came up.....the vaccine helped big time.....in my province we're over 80% for first dose, and about 67% for 2nd dose.....we reach full re-open once that 2nd dose number (of people 12 and up) goes above 75%

At the hospital / cancer clinic, I've had to wear a mask AND full face shield......until about a week ago.....now just a mask is ok, unless I'm seeing a doctor directly for an appointment.

16. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog INMATE #7XX7XX7

In the year 2525, ? :oops:

Last edited: Jul 28, 2021
    AGK13, s5tuart, Bowmap and 1 other person like this.
  17. davi3blu3

davi3blu3 Strat-Talk Member

Hmmm, remains to be seen. I think Nashville technically has a mask mandate in place, with an exemption if you're fully vaxxed -- so it's basically like there's no mandate. I wonder if they will reverse the exemption based on CDC guidance. We're only at 38% fully vaxxed in TN. Watching new cases carefully. What is this now ... wave 5??

I'm vaxxed and still wear it in certain places like the grocery.

Andrew Wasson and Believer7713 like this.
  18. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

Unfortunately, masks and social distancing seem to be the only thing that stops the spread :(

19. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

If man is still alive.

20. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    My work is going back to mandatory masks tomorrow no matter your vaccination status.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.