And I was hoping to be out of the woods by now!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Believer7713, Jul 28, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dbb541

dbb541 Strat-O-Master

I am vaxxed and I don't want to do without the unvaxxed in my country. It's my opinion many of them are great people with good intentions but are sadly misinformed. I do agree it is the duty of our country to keep everyone healthy. Unfortunately, a percentage of our leaders have a different agenda which I do not understand.

Andrew Wasson and Believer7713 like this.
  2. henderman

henderman Dr. Stratster

i was thinking "the boy in the bubble" but your version is a win !

Believer7713 likes this.
  3. Antstrat

Antstrat Most Honored Senior Member

4. surfnturf

surfnturf Strat-Talker

I never said that the virus isn't contagious when vaccinated. I said the risk of spreading it was greatly reduced if you're vaccinated. I also never said not to wear a mask, but in fact wrote an entire post stating that I don't understand the reasoning behind refusing to wear masks. You seem to be making up straw men arguments. I get my info from the CDC website.

A growing body of evidence indicates that people fully vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna) are less likely than unvaccinated persons to acquire SARS-CoV-2 or to transmit it to others.

:rolleyes:

ratdoc and Andrew Wasson like this.
  5. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

And I never said that the vaccinated spread the disease as much as unvaccinated people.

I was not accusing you of saying anything, just defending myself after you said I was getting the wrong info, which isn’t true. I’m not sure why you said that. :confused:

the fact is that a vaccinated person still had a significant chance to spread the virus when indoors, according the CDC. That is why they brought back the recommendation for vaccinated to wear masks indoors.

when I was stating to wear a mask for a little while longer, I wasn’t talking directly to you, but to people who might read your post the wrong way and think a mask may not be necessary when a person is vaccinated.

No straw man here dude, I’m glad we are in the same page.

we actually agree, except about the part where you said I got bad info, that was uncalled for.

6. surfnturf

surfnturf Strat-Talker

Another thing to note is that cases of regular flu declined dramatically because of the COVID prevention measures. In my opinion, mask-wearing should become a normal, routine thing in this country, especially during flu season, like it is in other countries - Japan, for example, where people consider it rude and anti-social not to wear a mask when you're sick. We should adopt that practice here, a lot fewer people probably would die.

Wylde Horses likes this.
  7. surfnturf

surfnturf Strat-Talker

You said that being vaccinated "doesn’t stop you from getting it or giving it to someone else." While perhaps technically true, it's a gross misrepresentation of the facts. Being vaccinated GREATLY REDUCES your risk both of getting it and giving it to someone else. So imo you need to state the info you're providing more accurately so as not to risk spreading misinformation. Someone casually reading that without knowing any better, or having a pre-existing bias, might conclude from it that there's no point in getting vaccinated because technically it doesn't stop you from getting or spreading the virus, whereas in fact it greatly reduces the chances of both.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  8. Eric_G

Eric_G Strat-Talker

I’m glad we agree. And didn’t mean that your intent was misinformation, just an example. I’ve heard all sort of argument against wearing a mask from it’s not 100% efficient to N95 can’t stop the virus because it’s too small. Sadly, these days, gullible people read those statement and take them as facts. All this disinformation is what I believe is the biggest factor for all of us having to fight such a long battle.

For people like you and I who try to do our best to get rid of this threat, it gets highly frustrating.

Believer7713, henderman and Antstrat like this.
  9. Antstrat

Here's how I understand it:

1. Vaccinated people can still get it, it just won't be as severe.
    2. Vaccinated people can get it, not know it and pass it along.
    3. Un-vaccinated people are in the 90+% of the current spike.
    4. Vaccines, masks, social distancing and common sense do work.....but everyone needs to be on board.
    5. See #4

10. dbb541

dbb541 Strat-O-Master

Does anyone know an actual practicing doctor with patients that they treat at an actual office that takes Insurance and stuff that HAS NOT taken the Vaccine?

11. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

What I said is true, not technically true, and it certainly wasn’t bad info as you claimed. This time you are attacking my phrasing, geez. My source was the CDC who recently added the guideline for vaccinated people to wear masks indoors for obvious reasons.

I was putting out facts, not trying to convince people whether or not to get the vaccine.

my view is put out facts and let people make their own decisions. The fact is..that people who have the vaccine should wear a mask indoors, according to the CDC. Also, the vaccine greatly protects you when you get the virus. Most likely it will keep you out of the hospital and alive, which I believe is the reason most people get the vaccine in the first place.

if people were more honest about facts instead of trying to push an agenda, I truly believe more people would have taken the vaccine by now.

btw, your comment could make someone who has the vaccine think they don’t really need to wear a mask indoors, even though the cdc says they should.

Either way, we seem to agree on the major points, not sure why we need to keep arguing about semantics.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2021
  12. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog INMATE #7XX7XX7

I see numbers, & statements made as fact's but I see no DATA of the scientific variety. IBTL.

Stormy Monday and Hydr0 like this.
  13. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

It’s a guitar forum, what could be expected.

Go to the cdc website...there is plenty of data there.

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  14. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

Too late.

Space 371 is now occupied.

Stormy Monday and Believer7713 like this.
  15. Antstrat

lol.

16. PonyB

PonyB Strat-O-Master

Full
    Of
    Xenophobic
    Nutters
    Eschewing
    Wisdom
    Stupidly

CigBurn likes this.
  17. Antstrat

IBTL

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  18. CigBurn

CigBurn Total Hack

This ones getting a lot of use lately, yet never truer.

2524-Maya-Angelou-Quote-When-someone-shows-you-who-they-are-believe.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.