Another Ghost sighting at my house

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Chont, Aug 27, 2020.

1. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

I don’t really believe in the supernatural very much at all, but I did work in a retirement home, and there was an old lady who would call me all of the time for assistance. One time she called me to tell me there was a girl in her room. I went, and of course, nobody there. Can't say it didn't make me nervous to check around in the room though.

I asked if the girl was nice, that she saw. She said "Yes! very nice!" So I told her essentially "That's great!" and to have a good time. She seemed a lot calmer after that.

She was a school teacher in her working days.

Nate D, GeejeeZ, 3bolt79 and 8 others like this.
  2. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Strat-O-Master

Actually the school was in Mize, MS about 10 miles west of us; I can't tell you the exact date it happened but there may be a record somewhere I just never investigated it.

Jesse414 and Chont like this.
  3. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Strat-O-Master

Sorry about the edited double post, was trying to delete one but didn't see the option so just added another.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    3bolt79, Jesse414 and Chont like this.
  4. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

That is spooky for sure! My wife grew up in a house and she told me that she used to see a man outside her bedroom window and same dude at her doorway to her bedroom. She said she wasn't scared but after they moved out of that house her dad told her and her brother that he had seen a man through a window at night and in the house. Wife asked her to describe him. Same dude. There was a big oak tree in the field behind their house that was known years ago as a tree where they would....well you know. They think he may have been one of the guys that was killed under that tree. I used to tease her about it but she was adamant about it and then her Dad told me about it. I believe them.

5. Mech

Mech Strat-O-Master

@Chont - Believer here. I have stories that would blow ST's collective minds. Inherited the gift from my Grandmother (Born and raised in the deep Bayou's of Louisiana). When I was younger is scared me because I didn't understand it. If I'm visiting someone's home, and take a walk thru, I usually can tell them things about the Home (think Dead Files). If you want to rid yourselves of the "little girl" there are ways. For starters, I'd start with Sage/Salt, and copper Pennies.

6. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

I have a deaf-blind daughter and we decided based on recommendations to enroll her in the Western PA school for the Deaf which meant she would have to dorm due to the long distance. I drove her out there on a Sunday. It was the day before school started and they were having a welcome back picnic on the campus grounds and offered guest dorm for me to stay in so I wouldn't have to drive back late. The dorm was above the main office which is actually the original school that was built in the 1800s.

It wasn't very late so I decided to watch some TV in the dorm. I kept hearing noises and voices so ventured into the hallway I even heard some applause and the sounds of someone playing a piano. I figured it was part of the welcome back festivities so went back inside and watched more TV and went to sleep. The next morning I went down to let the staff know i was leaving and thank you for the hospitality. The woman asked how I slept but it seemed like in a rather inquisitive test question kind of way. I said fine once the noise died down. She asked what i was referring to and I told her about the Piano, applause etc. She said I was the only one in the building. Ok thanks... gotta go.

she told me I wasn't the first to mention that stuff which was why she was asking.

7. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Censored

Go on, tell us some stories and blow our mind away.

I love these types of stories :Dgreat thread!

GeejeeZ, Rocket King, Doc538 and 12 others like this.
  8. Chont

yes I would love to have my mind blown

Jesse414, Mansonienne and Rudedawg like this.
  9. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

pretty sure the short time we are here is the only time we get to be human and the rest of it will be in a different vehicle and realm. that is my opinion of course.

so i believe you 100% but other than asking her if she has access to old school muscle cars and vintage instruments i got nothing.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

Life after death sounds pretty rough, IMO. Someday (hopefully a long time from now) ceasing to exist would be comforting.

Existing in perpetuity doesn't sound very appealing to me. Maybe some sort of afterlife with an end could be appealing.

GeejeeZ, Mojo1961, RobZ69 and 3 others like this.
  11. Mech

Mech Strat-O-Master

Over 50yrs of these "things" happening...lol. I'll let the professionals (Dead Files) tell it best. Sincerely, I have stories. Maybe in October I'll drop a few. If you're purchasing or renting - make sure you have the facility "cleansed" and please do your homework on the property's history.

Jesse414, Bodean and Rudedawg like this.
  12. Chont

must suck to be a ghost that keeps getting exercised from place to place.

13. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

I don’t believe in ghosts. I keep telling them that. It seems to work as I encounter them less and less. o_O

GeejeeZ, Mojo1961, Jesse414 and 5 others like this.
  14. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member

there are so many beliefs it is confusing and i am not familiar with them all but most have the common denominator that there is something else. what it will be for sure and who i can only guess.

but for whatever reason i somehow believe this humanoid business is just a chapter.

15. Mech

Mech Strat-O-Master

Unsettled souls are with us...

16. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

The Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Co. Often said to be the inspiration for The Shining and used for many of the interior shots. Supposedly quite haunted.

[​IMG]

Yaralag, Jesse414, Deathray and 3 others like this.
  17. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

I've been there!

It was also the hotel they used for Dumb and Dumber after they get all the money out of the briefcase.

Jesse414, Deathray, TomH8 and 3 others like this.
  18. BluesForDan

BluesForDan Strat-Talker

oh, great, now you tell me. I live in an old mill building, built in 1904. I'm sure there are lots of things that happened here over the years it was operating and since it became an apartment building over 30 years ago.

my cat does act weird from time to time, but, he's a cat. :D

19. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

It's not anywhere near as isolated as the exterior location they used in the movie is it? That was some place in Montana I believe. This one I think.

[​IMG]

Jesse414, Deathray and Rudedawg like this.
  20. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

I think they did a hodgepodge of filming locations for interior and exterior scenes.. Here's a little rundownhttps://www.movie-locations.com/movies/d/Dumb-And-Dumber.php

[​IMG]