Another Ghost sighting at my house

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Chont, Aug 27, 2020.

1. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

Coulda used one of them 20 years ago with a roommate who didn't flush to save on water. I'm all for conservation but damn.....if it's brown flush it down. :eek:

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
    fretter, Jesse414, Rudedawg and 4 others like this.
  2. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

I read where during the filming of The Shining, Jack Nicholson was telling Stanley what a depressing story this is. Kubrick replied 'No, quite the opposite. Anything that suggests that there is life after death is optimistic'. Of course, being axed to death doesn't sound like the way to go out though.

Jesse414, Antmax, Rudedawg and 4 others like this.
  3. Uncle Jimmy

Uncle Jimmy Senior Stratmaster

We live in a house that was built in 1910. It was a summer beach house. The house has a great feeling to it, and there's one room especially, that we use as a guest room, that just makes you happy when you walk in. OTOH we've got a teasing poltergeist who hides things from us for a day or two. Turn everything upside down and whatever it is cannot be found. Then a day or two later, there it is right at the place we left it. I'm used to it now, but it really freaked me out at first.

Jesse414, Antmax, Rudedawg and 4 others like this.
  4. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Senior Stratmaster

"Tell him to stop playing guitaaaaaar or at least buy a better aaaaaaaaaaaaaamp"

Jesse414, aiabx, Rudedawg and 4 others like this.
  5. stormsedge

stormsedge Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

When my mom-in-law first moved here, she took a two bedroom apartment in an older home with the understanding she was not to disturb the ghost in one of the bedrooms. She didn't disturb it and claimed it was actually there every now and again.

Jesse414, Rudedawg, tiredguy and 2 others like this.
  6. roadhog96

roadhog96 Senior Stratmaster

Seeing is believing and I haven’t seen a ghost in all my 69 years so as far as I’m concerned, theres no such thing. However when I was a kid I did see huge object flying horizontally across the sky and to this day I cannot say what it actually was. This thing was huge, I ran in to the house and called my family to come out and they all saw it. The next day there was a picture of it in the local newspaper and the article said it was spotted from every state on the eastern coast and it was determined to be a meteorite. I’ve seen plenty of meteorites over the years and none of them were any where hear close to this big and it flew across the sky horizontally at a slow speed. Meteorites enter the earths atmosphere at an angle and high rate of speed and burn up this wasn’t burning. Do I believe in UFO’s? Well if that was a UFO then yes. But they identified it as being a meteorite because no one knew WTF it was, BS. This thing was at least 4 times the length of the big farm field across the street which I estimate to be at least 3 football fields long. So ghost no, UFO’s and meteorites yup.

7. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Most Honored Senior Member

I am skeptical, but I have heard a number of stories from reliable sources that make my hair stand on end. The idea of ghosts or demons in my house freaks me out.

[​IMG]

8. tery

tery Dr. Stratster

Ghosts believe in me ..

9. soulman969

She's very kind. I would have insisted it pay half the rent or move out.

tinkertoy, Jesse414, Rudedawg and 4 others like this.
  10. space

space Strat-O-Master

Always is
    They work in tandem

Jesse414 likes this.
  11. space

space Strat-O-Master

That right there would freak me out
    Amityville style

12. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

The closest I have gotten to the unexplained is when we got locked out of our house here once. Lisa and I went out on the deck for a few minutes, but couldn't get back in. We don't lock anything during the day, and the sliding glass door has a very stiff slider that has to be pushed down, you can't 'slam it locked'.

I had to break in a basement window and unlock the doors. I can't explain that.

tumblr_mtjnmzR4fW1sf7skxo1_400.gif

13. soulman969

Long story......

For a few months while in a transition phase to a new place I stayed with a friend who was very much into aliens and the supernatural so much so that it became difficult to separate fact from fiction despite her devout beliefs. But at least one of her contentions did ring true.

She insisted she had visual contacts with a ghost on many occasions. The ghost was a young woman who may have lived on this land in the 1800s before Denver was even settled and the area her home was in far south of downtown Denver hosted many pioneer families who wouldn't risk going beyond the mountains and had farmed and ranched around there.

The kitchen of her home was in the very front and left off the entry hallway. The dining and living room behind it. At the end of the entry hallway to the right down a long hall way was a laundry room, a bathroom, and her master bedroom suite. The hallway ended just beyond the door to that bedroom on the left. So now you have the entire first floor layout.

She also had three small dogs Maltese and Shi Tzu IIRC. Well behaved, well cared for, and not overly prone to barking just to bark.

One night as we were sitting in her kitchen she raised her hand to point towards the dining room and said "Oh my God look.". I spun around in my chair and out of the corner of my eye saw something white cross over the entry hallway and head down the longer hallway toward her bedroom. All three dogs alerted and went chasing down the hallway barking like crazy.

And there they stayed barking at the wall at the end of that hallway. On the other side of it was a huge walk in closet and a huge master bath. It was then she said to me "it was her, the ghost". What I saw very briefly looked like a white shadow but there was a noticeable cold spot at the end of that hallway right in front of the bedroom door like a shaft of cold air from above.

We explored the walk in and master bath and found nothing but were followed around by three anxious little pooches. Apparently this had happened quite a few times before and while she spoke of it to others I may have been the only who experienced it along with her. If it happened again while I was there I wasn't present but I'm convinced something did happen.

So.....that's my one and only ghost story. Do I believe in ghosts? Let's just say I believe some things can't be explained by the normal and natural things we experience most days so to call them supernatural and beyond normal seems to fit. There's far too much we don't know about our own corporeal existence to discard any possibility of a spiritual existence.

14. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Yep. That’s pretty awesome. LOL

our first time seeing our resident ghost we both saw it at the same time too. We were watching TV and saw a young girl in a white nightgown jump from the bottom stair in the foyer across to the office. We both called out for my daughter who she resembled to get back in bed. When she didn’t respond or go back upstairs my wife told me to go to the office to tell her to go back to bed. I went and there was no one there. It was the weirdest thing ever and if either of us had been alone when we saw it the other would never believe the story.

Dougeryb, Jesse414, Antmax and 4 others like this.
  15. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

This thread is awesome.

16. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

I am willing to believe all of this story except this one part.

17. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

I will love this thread later today when I'm the only one awake in the house

18. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

Well, I never saw ghosts, but had some weird experiences.

After my father's funeral I went straight to his home. I had left the door closed, but it was open when I arrived. I thought "whatever, must have been the wind", although I'm pretty sure it was well closed. As I went in, I gave a little knock on the door and said "excuse me dad, I'm coming in", as I usually did when he was there. When I went in, there was a strong odor of flowers, fresh flowers. The scent was different from the ones at the funeral. It smelled like fresh flowers were inside the house.

GeejeeZ, Jesse414, fretWalkr and 5 others like this.
  19. Numbercruncher

Numbercruncher Senior Stratmaster

Why did you type this? Now I realize that my house is haunted by a poltergeist that is ALWAYS moving tools around the garage, hiding my flashlight and who knows what else. I was comfortable in thinking I was merely in a hurry and placed something down inadvertently and did so with such regularity that I accepted it as normal. Now I realize it is either one or many poltergeists living in my world. These damned things have followed me around from house to house and am really NOT looking forward to going to sleep tonight.

I am now really, seriously, freaked out. I'd rather be absent minded than think there was a supernatural presence in my world. Kuh-riced!

NC

20. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

I will add that: if there were one person in history that could reliably communicate with the dead, the world would never be the same. So many murders solved, etc.

So much of taking advantage of people For financial gain, hoaxes, etc. in all sorts of afterlife propositions, that id be hesitant to believe it, even if I did see something myself.
    Plus the possibility that the beings could be any variety of things, or hallucinatory.