Another Ghost sighting at my house

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Chont, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Numbercruncher

Numbercruncher Senior Stratmaster

But now that I am onto him what if he turns malevolent as opposed to benevolent?????

Rest assured if I die in my sleep tonight I WILL PERSONALLY COME BACK TO THIS REALM AS A GHOST AND HAUNT EVERY HOUSE YOU EVER LIVE IN. You have been warned. You better hope I am able to post tomorrow!

NC

2. longboard blues

longboard blues Senior Stratmaster

you'll be needing this...

Attached Files:

• re.JPG
      re.JPG
      File size:
      45.5 KB
      Views:
  3. longboard blues

longboard blues Senior Stratmaster

the reason ghosts are portrayed as people wearing white sheets is to do with them being lost souls who died in the middle of changing the duvet cover alone, and are now cursed to spend eternity trying to find the corners. . .

Rocket King, Wrighty, gazzie and 11 others like this.
  4. Brendanj

Brendanj Strat-Talk Member

My daughter lives in an apartment building built in 1905. Hers is one of the last ones still on original condition with beautiful dark wood trim around the edges of the 10’ ceiling. Apparently the last tenant lived there a very long time. The first time I visited, she was hanging vintage picture frames with pressed flowers using a strong 3M double stick tape. She showed me around the place and when I left 15 min later, something caught my eye on a narrow wood trim ledge above her front door. It was about 8 feet up. Figuring I found something old up there, I said “what’s this?” and strained to reach it. I showed it to her and a look of fear washed over her face. It was the 3M tape pieces she had been using when I came in. Once a cabinet was opening and closing while she cooked dinner. Another time a friend nodding off on the couch was getting his hair pulled gently. The last time I inquired, she said she was in the make-up room ( an elevated closet that was set up like this long ago) and she went into the bathroom to get something. She momentarily forgot what she went in there for. As she stood there a second, the medicine cabinet sprung open fully. She said she laughed, got the item out of the cabinet and closed the door.

Rocket King, Jesse414, Dare1 and 5 others like this.
  5. mikej89

mikej89 Senior Stratmaster

My mom has a 6th sense, she's seen them and I've witnessed one but not seen it. Do you know the history of the home is a big question and maybe one you don't want to know the answer to???

Jesse414, Rudedawg and soulman969 like this.
  6. uncle daddy

uncle daddy Strat-Talker

Old? My garden shed is older. The church at the bottom of my road is 11th century!

GeejeeZ, Jesse414, Antmax and 2 others like this.
  7. Neil.C

Neil.C Most Honored Senior Member

Most stuff is pretty old over here, it doesn't mean places are haunted.

When you think about it people have died in most places here, imagine the blitz in 1940.

Mass graves. :(

Four people actually died a violent death when a Dakota crashed into my house just after the war. I haven't seen any ghosts.

[​IMG]

8. Gonflyn

Gonflyn Strat-Talker

Hilarious. From the guy that lives behind the cemetery no less.

9. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

I'm not altogether certain they all do but nicksmith has a good point.

In my case what I saw looked more like a white shadow while my friend saw her as a young woman full of face and dressed in a night shirt like gown.

Consider the movie Poltergeist. When the spirits come down the stairs as white lights some show on camera as disembodied while others are simply spectral lights. Maybe we see what we believe we should see?

GeejeeZ, Jesse414, Bodean and 3 others like this.
  10. soulman969

With due respect I'm not sure that means much when many others have sworn they have. I have no idea whether encounters are mere chance or are some how able to be manipulated as to time and place.

And then you can top that off by believing that some people do have "the shine" or more sensitivity to ESP events than others. Some of us may not have any ability at all to sense or see paranormal events.

Every state seems to have it's share of reported haunts and Colorado has it's share too. Lots of old buildings and hotels built far more than a century ago that have seen their share of the unexplained. So who really knows?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  11. soulman969

LOL.....reminds me of the scene from Betelgeuse. I would have done it with transparent sheers for a better effect. ;)

Bodean and Rudedawg like this.
  12. soulman969

Looks like she rooms with Casper the playful ghost. LOL

Jesse414 and Rudedawg like this.
  13. stratocarlster

stratocarlster Most Honored Senior Member

Funny thing, no one who ever saw a ghost has ever been able to provide any evidence that they saw a ghost.

GeejeeZ, Mojo1961, Neil.C and 6 others like this.
  14. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Mod admin Staff Member Silver Member

Admin Post
    I love ghost stories, thanks for starting this thread. I've never had any paranormal experiences, but my ex-brother-in-law, a very skeptical guy, swore there was a woman in the closet during the night when he and my sis were on their honeymoon in the Hotel Coronado in San Diego. The next day they found out the hotel is supposed to be haunted. He swears he heard someone there, and I believe him.

Rocket King, Jesse414, Bodean and 5 others like this.
  15. StratMike10

StratMike10 Dr. Stratster Gold Supporting Member

Not to antagonize or anything, but I don't get this concept about just because something is infinite it means anything is possible. if you had an infinite number of marbles, you could search though them until the end of times and you would find nothing but marbles.

If there is such thing as ghosts, they probably don't dwell in our universe. They would exist in a spiritual realm in which time, space, matter, and energy are meaningless. Us perceiving them would mean there is an element of our being or consciousness capable of transcending beyond our realm and somehow experience theirs, or viceversa. Measuring instruments, cameras, etc. would be useless because they are of this world. Our mind's interpretation of such a crossover event would also be ambiguous, as our brains are not designed to "capture" or faithfully remember something that is not there in substance.

Disclaimer: too much coffee early in the morning :rolleyes:, sorry guys.

16. soulman969

There have been photos and videos that have purported to have done that some intentional some wholly by chance but here's the thing.

If a real ghost is no more than a transparent apparition would any camera or video device that wasn't equipped for capturing something like that record it? And then other than some paranormal researchers who walks around with equipment designed to capture what can barely be seen with the naked eye?

That I know of no one has ever claimed to have ever had or recorded a meet up with one whose just as whole in the flesh as you or I so we don't have much to go on but personal testimony without visual proof. I'm not even certain they know they're being seen when they are or where they are.

While my friend may have been able to make out a clear impression of the face of a young woman from previous sightings all I saw was a white filmy shadow and then only for a second before it was out of sight and I know I've never seen a 3 dimensional white shadow before or since....so what was it?

Rudedawg and stratocarlster like this.
  17. soulman969

A voyeuristic ghost. How kinky. :D LOL

Mansonienne, rafasounds and Rudedawg like this.
  18. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

I used to work at the Dunedin Melting Pot (before it moved). My boss who worked at the St Pete one told me stories. I went there to eat to check it out and visit. I did get a weird feeling from one of the more private areas. Felt like a there was a crowd of people whispering but there was no one in that section. . But I didn’t see anything. My boss knew exactly what table I was taking about though.

http://starkimages.homestead.com/Meltingpot.html?_=1462763379093

I was surprised to even find this.

19. CigBurn

CigBurn Total Hack

In another dimension, we literally had a war about this possibility. :D

20. soulman969

I think you make a good point especially the last sentence. But then it could be why we either aren't really certain we actually saw something or we simply can't see it because while it may exist some brains aren't able to record it and accurately recall it so our unconscious mind just dismisses it.

Another poster made reference to dimensions that may overlap. I'm no physicist but if all that ever was still exists in some form of time continuum is it possible long ago events can somehow leak into a current time continuum via some rent or hole? Calling all quantum physics majors for answers to this one. Can parallel dimensions actually exist in real time?

My take on what my friend described to me many times is this young woman walks through this part of her house only just as if she was still in her own home in the 1800s. She doesn't respond to any auditory sounds like my friend calling out to her or to the dogs barking. She's totally unaware of where she's appearing or that she's being seen by anyone. We don't exist in her world yet for a very brief moment part of her exists in ours.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020