Another Ghost sighting at my house

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Chont, Aug 27, 2020.

1. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Senior Stratmaster

This is a really good thread and was showing it to my wife this morning. She reminded me of when we were in Louisiana and went to the Myrtles plantation but they were closed and would resume tours in a couple of weeks, that would have been cool.

She reiterated our hearing a knocking at our carport or front door thru the years and the beagles we've had would make a beeline to it but no one would be there. When packages are delivered either from UPS or FedEx I specify to have them left under the carport and the drivers usually knock on the door or ring the door bell. Every time she hears a knock or the door bell she asks what the heck have I ordered this time and I'll tell her nothing; those darn apparitions are going out of their way to get me in trouble.

2. Malurkey

Malurkey Senior Stratmaster

There are several uses of the word ‘dimension’, some of which refer to concepts in physics, and some of which do not. It’s very easy to get really confused between these when talking about dimensions.

Your first question is about a rent or hole in space through which we may observe events in a previous time. In theory, these may exist, and even form spontaneously. The catch here is that, due to the energy involved the probability of such a hole forming on a macroscopic scale are less than once every few lifetimes of the universe.

If such a hole would form, anyone standing near the opening would be sucked in and deposited at the other end in his or her constituent subatomic particles along with everything in their general vicinity. It is very unlikely such an event would go unnoticed.

With respect to your second question, according to some theories, yes. They cannot interact, however, if one is to preserve causality. We physicists like causality.

3. Dare1

Dare1 Senior Stratmaster

I was a pretty huge skeptic until about 10 years ago. I was 19, and had moved into this house with an ex, her coworker, and his girlfriend. Little weird things starting, the first being my alarm clock radio would just turn on randomly throughout the day. I chalked it up to being an older radio. Then it started doing it in the middle of the night, volume at full blast, regardless of where the dial was. Would wake up the whole house. Eventually I got tired of it and unplugged it. Started getting really weird vibes from that room, so I ended up just sleeping on the sofa in the living room almost every night.

The second weird occurrence was this battery powered face scrubber that the other girl would leave on the window sill in the bathroom. Thing would just turn on randomly and dance around the floor. You'd have to pull the batteries for it to stop. Not as weird, but it didn't help how I felt about the house.

The last one was what convinced me to leave. I was watching TV on a sofa that faced the hallway where the bathroom and bedrooms were located. Just completely out of nowhere, a half empty water bottle comes FLYING out of the bathroom, about shoulder height, and slams against the opposite wall in the hallway. Hard enough to put a dent in the drywall. It rolled back into the bathroom.

That was enough for me, cause I don't mess with anything supernatural. My wife and I are the type to wipe our shoes off after leaving a cemetery to make sure we didn't pick anything up.

Paid the last 3 months of rent while living back at my parents house.

4. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music.

The way I look at it is that electricity could be seen as magic 400 years ago.
    There are multiple types of light that are invisible to the eye, yet they can affect us.
    Radioactivity could also be seen as a curse in a different time.
    Flight was considered impossible etc, etc.

I honestly don't believe in ghosts. I don't think the idea is impossible but, anything that has only anecdotal evidence ought to be met with a lot of skepticism.

GeejeeZ, Mojo1961, Neil.C and 6 others like this.
  5. Rudedawg

Rudedawg Senior Stratmaster

There are a lot of valid viewpoints here and I can only relate the experiences we've encountered with no written in stone proof that apparitions are real and do exist. I do however perceive myself as having a sound body, although with heart health issues, and also having a sound mind which can be questionable at times. :whistling:

Jesse414 and soulman969 like this.
  6. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

words to live by.

GeejeeZ, Mojo1961, aiabx and 2 others like this.
  7. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

I'm very familiar with the Melting Pot in Littleton, CO. It's about 15 minutes from me and I've eaten their several times back in the '80s when it was known as the Cafe Kandahar.

I'm also familiar with it's legends and while I can see how it would be a perfect place for a haunt I can't say that I ever saw or heard anything that could be called paranormal during any of my visits. But the place can feel a bit closed in and spooky in some spots.

As far as who haunts it the stories tell different versions. It was at one time the city police station and jail so there are the stories of an inmate or inmates who hung themselves in their cells. Can't confirm that one.

But another has to do with a massive flooding of the So. Platte River in 1965 which swept away homes, buildings, and cars killing 21 souls. The river runs through the area just a few blocks to the west and it is in a broad a flat flood plain ripe for a wall of water to come crashing through and create a flash flood disaster.

So that one could have some mileage because it was also the Littleton Library in early 1965 before it became the jail. The upper floors would likely have been above the flood waters but not the lower level. So some could have been trapped there by the flash flood which I'm told was like a deep fast moving river tsunami. Flash floods are still a thing of concern here.

This was the event that created plans to build the Chatfield Damn and Chatfield Reservoir as a flood control project. No more flooding like happened in '65. I used to live within a few miles of there.

Jesse414 and Chont like this.
  8. Numbercruncher

Numbercruncher Senior Stratmaster

Perhaps you are the ghost?

NC

GeejeeZ and Jesse414 like this.
  9. tanta07

tanta07 Strat-O-Master

I'm with you, but what about spirits purported to be caught on video, film and audio? I suppose you could dismiss it all, but it's hardly "only anecdotal."

Jesse414 and soulman969 like this.
  10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

It's not repeatable and testable, is the problem. Nobody in history can/could reliably, provably communicate with or conjure anything supernatural.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2020
  11. soulman969

soulman969 Senior Stratmaster

OK, so number one would really spoil your whole day along with everything else near you. A one way trip to who knows where with a packing slip that says "some assembly may be required"? :eek:

But in number two a phenomena could be seen or experienced temporally but with no interaction between the subjects. Interesting. That could explain my friends ghost and it's behavior.

As she explained to me the apparition appears in the dining area and walks straight ahead down the hallway roughly aligned with it and into the wall at it's end. It never responds to her or the barking dogs.

Thanks for the explanation of what's impossible and what could possibly be. :thumb: :)

12. Ironwolf

Ironwolf Strat-O-Master Gold Supporting Member

Plastered to the front of ghost cars and ghost trucks.

Wrighty, Mojo1961, Jesse414 and 4 others like this.
  13. chicago slim

chicago slim Senior Stratmaster

I've never seen anything. I live in a different state, than most of my relatives. And, I can sometimes sense their passing.

Jesse414, soulman969 and rafasounds like this.
  14. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music.

The operative word is, "purported".

GeejeeZ, Mojo1961, Neil.C and 2 others like this.
  15. Scooter

Scooter Strat-Talk Member

How come ghosts are always little girls or people wearing frilly Victorian clothing? How come there are no caveman ghosts?

GeejeeZ, Mojo1961, Neil.C and 6 others like this.
  16. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

I just want to thank everyone for contributing to this thread. Great stories and discussion from everyone.

Carry on.

GeejeeZ, Jesse414, soulman969 and 2 others like this.
  17. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

Or ghosts from the future. Or Alien ghosts.

Mojo1961 and Jesse414 like this.
  18. tanta07

tanta07 Strat-O-Master

The only thing we've got to prove the existence of a giant squid is a couple of grainy videos that only last for a few seconds, and it would be pretty much impossible for us to reliably capture more evidence, but we all generally agree that giant squid exist, yes?

circles, Jesse414 and soulman969 like this.
  19. Jimi Lightning

Jimi Lightning Most Honored Senior Member

Maybe “sightings” are similar to how long it takes for light to reach us from the stars. Both could be on a timeline. As time marches on more and more modern..ish apparitions could appear.
    Perhaps it is that it those that have not been let go or suffered a tragic death at different times are here accounting for The purported sightings not being all being Victorian.

Maybe being an experiencer is like having a back problem...no one believes you till they go through it. (UFO’s fall into this bracket as well I woulda imagine.) Welcome to the world of the.....un-explained. :)

A quick look through the internet Did not provide proof either way. Interesting thread anyway. That was my un-scientific analysis....:rolleyes:

20. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

a squid is a flesh and blood creature, which we can see its relatives on a daily basis, who share tons of genetic traits and similarities.

A ghost is a fabled creature/spirit which has no provable links to any other thing in observable reality.

Not outrageous to believe a large version of a squid exists, and if it does or does not exist, it has no bearing on the state of of the universe and reality.

The unprovable afterlife has massive importance... and is historically noted for frauds, hoaxes, and taking advantage of peoples' hopes and fears for cash and power.