Any Hybrid pickers out there?

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by amstratnut, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Malikon

Malikon Dark Cabaret

Brandan Small?

It is though if you think about it. Flamenco is almost non-stop shredding and beating/slapping/tapping on your guitar. It's more metal then metal!

The perfect combination of feel, melody, rhythm, and shred!

2. Carlsoti

Carlsoti Senior Stratmaster

Sorry, it's Brendon Small. The creator of Metalocalypse. He does all the composition for their music, and voices 3 of the 5 main characters, whom all have a fascination with all things Brootal. They even tried doing Deth-blues, and deth-comedy in two different episodes, in their search for all things brootal.

I know it may have seemed like I was poking fun at the comment, but I really wasn't. I had just never REALLY thought about it that way. THough not really flamenco, (I don't think) I have, though, always wondered what Django Reinhardt would sound like through a ESP and a Marshall stack. :D

Here's some flamenco-ish/metal-ish stuff. (with her head down, hair over her face, and thrashing away, Gabriella kinda looks like Kirk Hammet from back in the day.)

YouTube- Rodrigo Y Gabriella cover of Metallica's Orion

YouTube- One Live Rodrigo Y Gabriela @ Bonnaroo 2007 Amazing Part 5a

YouTube- Diablo Rojo (Rodrigo y Gabriela)

3. timegoesback

timegoesback Strat-Talker

i am hybrid picker

I use my middle and ring (pinkie sometimes) to pluck the high strings when playing arpeggios or certain chords. When I want to add that country snap to a lick or riff, I'll tuck my pick in under my index and use my thumb as well.