Any love for single pickup Strats?

PaulMcFartknee

New Member!
Jul 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I just finished putting this together from various parts I had laying around.
I actually really like it, Seymour Duncan SH4 a volume knob and that's about it.
Think I might add a switch and coil tap it tomorrow, had every intention of selling it but looks like I'm keeping it.
Anyone else tried something like this? I know of the Tom Delonge squire but they are getting expensive now for some reason.

Attachments

• 2015_0527_03071600.jpg
    2015_0527_03071600.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 52

nickmsmith

Dr. Stratster
Jul 28, 2011
USA
I actually really like it, Seymour Duncan SH4 a volume knob and that's about it.
Think I might add a switch and coil tap it tomorrow, had every intention of selling it but looks like I'm keeping it.
Anyone else tried something like this? I know of the Tom Delonge squire but they are getting expensive now for some reason.
If you’re playing some chugging rock n roll, there’s not much use in other pickups anyway.

Kestrel

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Sep 25, 2017
Northants England
I love the variants of three pickups, if you had a choice of one pickup or three, why would you pick one ? the one showing is a Humbucker so if you want one in the same position get a fat Strat.

PaulMcFartknee

New Member!
Jul 7, 2021
United Kingdom
I love the variants of three pickups, if you had a choice of one pickup or three, why would you pick one ? the one showing is a Humbucker so if you want one in the same position get a fat Strat.
Why not? It's simple and to the point just like me, besides I've got loads of regular and HSS strats, why build another one.

marksound

Strat-O-Master
Mar 8, 2010
OK
Sure. I even built a couple. :thumb:

emdh8Ovl[1].jpg

qbOmGIfl[1].jpg

Lucius Paisley

Strat-O-Master
Jul 14, 2021
Sydney, Australia
43828306_541247236320600_1180651986723274752_n.jpg

It was a HSS first. I improved it.

Artist Guitars make a single pickup righthanded only, BUT I SHOWED THEM.

mikej89

Senior Stratmaster
May 12, 2016
River Falls, WI
Looks great, love the color combo and where'd you source the gold hardware from? I have a Charvel Pro Mod with the SH-4 in the bridge and coil tapping which makes it extremely versatile. The JB works well as a single; go from Van Halen to Clapton with the push/pull of a knob :).