Any love for the No-caster?

uncle daddy

Senior Stratmaster
May 16, 2020
UK
I have been playing with the idea of buying a tele kit just for the body, flipping it on its front, and then treating the wood so I can use it as a cheese board.

A bit expensive just to throw the majority of the kit away, but I think it would make a nice gift.

dogletnoir

V----V
Nov 1, 2013
northeastern us
Absolutely. Would love a Nocaster. I know, it's just a Tele with the transfer trimmed, but still...
Actually, it's not.
Besides the ultra fat neck, there's a proprietary wiring scheme:
the 3 switch positions are 'deep bass' (extreme treble rolloff),
blend of neck and bridge (controlled by the tone knob in the
middle switch position),
and 'no-load' bridge (tone knob disabled in the rearmost switch
position).

That's not the usual Tele setup of neck/both/bridge.

Last edited:

Bazz Jass

Chairman of the Fingerboard
Silver Member
Nov 19, 2014
Off the map
Actually, it's not.
Besides the ultra fat neck, there's a proprietary wiring scheme:
the 3 switch positions are 'deep bass' (extreme treble rolloff),
blend of neck and bridge (controlled by the tone knob in the
middle switch position),
and 'no-load' bridge (tone knob disabled in the rearmost switch
position).

That's not the usual Tele setup of neck/both/bridge.
Interestingly, mine (2008 NOS) was factory setup with standard tele wiring. An additional 3-way switch, with vintage spec wiring, is in a sealed bag in the case compartment.

Having tried the original vintage set-up on a friend's guitar, I'm happy to stick to modern wiring as installed. :thumb:

rolandson

Dr. Stratster
Jul 13, 2015
Foothills of the Cascades
I regret never having taken a dive into any one of the tele iterations. Kinda like something missing in my education.

I had the option in the early 90's to walk away with a 1957 Tele, or a 64 strat. Long story. I went with the strat.

Thus I have this to add to my multitude of regrets. Another is never having played Kennedy Center. Or written a song that went double platinum. Or have Audrey Hepburn flirt with me. Or ridden backseat in an EA18 Growler (you reading this Martin?)...

But, my dog loves me and spouse tolerates me, thus I die a wealthy man...but I digress...

@Bazz Jass ... Last guy put his beverage on one of my instruments is, to this day, 20 years later, sucking his nourishment through a straw. Not joking.