Join Strat-Talk Today

Any partcaster projects going on?

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by thxphotog, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

They are really nice. He makes them out of the smaller Bourns pots and they are really nicely made. As far as the pop there is a very small audible pop when you push it with the strings completely muted but that is the case with any kill switch, it's impossible to be 100% silent when touching the hot to ground. When using it while playing though it is quiet under the sound of the chord or even single notes and I am using these on my EMG loaded guitars that are much more sensitive to popping than any passive pickup. Like I said earlier I have had one on my Charvel for a couple years now and liked it enough to get one for the Strat. Eventually I will have one on my Jackson and maybe even a couple of my passive axes since he can make them with 25K, 250K, 500K, long and short shaft pots. I would definitely recommend them if you like the kill switch effect.
    After Mrs. Believer wakes up I will try to get a sound bite for you.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    AcrylicSuperman likes this.
  2. moparguy

moparguy Strat-Talk Member

19541ECE-498A-4896-B09C-156AC67B5B18.jpeg 3BA5611F-90E4-41D2-8C02-299B98AB8762.jpeg A7F9EA17-0E2D-4E5B-AF25-B0886471E7C7.jpeg Slate blue pearl clear coat. Dimarzio PAF 36th anniversary humbuckers, CTS pots, flame maple neck, Fender locking tuners, shes a beast.

3. pwhite

pwhite Strat-O-Master

Just finished putting this together just some Classic Series parts.

Yellow.JPG

Waiting on this one to cure so I can sand it.

IMG_0061.jpg

henderman, MrNeutron, CFFF and 4 others like this.
  4. StratManster

StratManster New Member!

Awesome, bro! Play us some blues!

5. Nerd

Nerd Strat-Talker

Got a project in making... well more in preparation stage than anything. I'm waiting for roasted MIM neck now, should be here on Monday. Aiming for Cabronita alike strat this time. Single HB on the bridge, strat body with tele radius contours, roasted neck, mahagony oiled body, single volume and FR with DTuna. Simple yet powerful rock machine. Picture for reference only - once I seen one I knew I need to have something along the lines

Attached Files:

6. Believer7713

Here is a quick sound bite recorded with my phone.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

integra evan and AcrylicSuperman like this.
  7. AcrylicSuperman

AcrylicSuperman Strat-Talker

Awesome! Thank you! Those are definitely less noisy than the shadow version I had tried years ago. You have me sold, sir!

Believer7713 likes this.
  8. Ruscio

Ruscio Strat-O-Master

I recently completed this build. Warmoth blue ice metallic body in satin finish, Warmoth scalloped ebony on maple neck with SS6100 frets, Gotoh 510 trem, DiMarzio injector pups. Did a level-crown-polish on the frets, and final touch (for now) is Fender mint green PG. Couldn't be happier with how this one turned out, plays like a dream!

Ice Blue Strat 2019-09-21.JPG

9. lumatic

lumatic Strat-Talk Member

Thank you for the information and your advice!
    It helps! Greets!

Believer7713 likes this.
  10. TinyTree

TinyTree Strat-Talker

Strat_complete.jpeg Here's one of mine that just got completed! Might throw up some pics of my Gilmour black strat when the decal arrives.

11. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

Well, you got me :thumb:

I just ordered a 1 ply black SSS 57 style 8 screw guard, black covers, black switch tip and a set of 3 black knurled Telecaster knobs. It’s not really a parts caster but it is a mod platform. It’s for my 94 MIM Squier Series.

I’m going to mod the pickup covers to fit my single rail pickups (prototype neodynium rails from Deneb-Tone) and it’s going to be all black except for the neck and bridge.

Believer7713 and Groovey like this.
  12. Believer7713

Might as well order a set of these and make the bridge part black.
    https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.com/ulk/itm/283500307051
    It will look like this.
    [​IMG]
    And be the most comfortable playing bridge you have like the rest of that guitar.

thxphotog and Andrew Wasson like this.
  13. guitartwonk

guitartwonk Senior Stratmaster

Same here. I haven't done a build or refurb in a number of months. When I do it's normally a sneaky way of growing the herd: "oh, look, I got this neck really cheap! All I need is a body, pickups, hardware... " and so it goes.

I'm getting the building itch again. I'm trying to suppress it, and you guys really aren't helping.

I have this vision of a natural walnut body with a Floyd, or maybe a 2-point with LSR. Maybe a one-piece walnut or birdseye maple neck... all gold hardware... and by the time I'm finished I'll spend three times as much as if I just bought a decent strat off the shelf, and then I'll spend the next six years modding it over again and again...

It's a slow-burning addiction, that's what it is. I need to go cold-turkey and not look at your tasty pictures of roasted maple necks and suchlike... Arrrrghhh! :mad:;)

Andrew Wasson and thomquietwolf like this.
  14. Andrew Wasson

Oh, those are nice! Thanks for that. Where do you figure I can get a blacked out bridgeplate to complete the theme?

15. Andrew Wasson

Is this the same one in black?
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=113270305502

EDIT: I don’t think it is. The saddles don’t look right.

EDIT (AGAIN): I think this might be the same saddles on a black tremolo kit:
    http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5338148356&icep_item=201626511148

Last edited: Sep 23, 2019
  16. Believer7713

Either one will work for you. The second one is really cool in that after you set up the guitar it has a set screw that pushes all of the saddles together to create one large mass.
    You can see it here.
    [​IMG]

17. integra evan

integra evan Strat-O-Master

I am about to start another partscaster with some parts I have. Still deciding the pickup and tremolo though.

Does anyone have experience with putting in a Gotoh 510 series tremolo into an American Deluxe body?

18. Geddon

Geddon Strat-Talk Member

Since I put together 2 squire body, fender neck strats recently, I now have a different outlook on guitars and I find myself thinking about combining **** all the time. Stratosphere parts, warmoth, and reverb are places I need to avoid. I currently have an unfinished strat body and have a finished tele body on the way, but I’m not sure what I’ll end up doing with those, I just liked the strat body because it was lightweight and back routed for the controls and pickups. I liked the tele body because it was some homemade thing with contours and it looked good for a project tele. I also have a goofy idea to wire pickups and controls to jacks mounted on the front of a guitar so it can be wired however on the fly. So I’ll have projects for a while.

19. freddairy

freddairy Strat-Talk Member

I ordered a few parts to start a second Paisley Telecaster build.
    But just sold it all on Reverb.

20. Mudman

Mudman Strat-Talk Member

[​IMG]

My mim is a bit of a partscaster. Body, neck, tuners, and pickguard is original. The pickups and electronics are from and EJ strat, bridge is callaham, strap buttons are dunlop. I have the original bridge and pickups though.

This one though is a ground up build.
    [​IMG]

Fender lacquer 50’s neck, usa body from a guy in Missouri, fender avri 52 pickups, the pots from my mim 60’s strat, glendale control knobs and plate, callaham saddles, rutters bridge, and a bunch of fender parts for bits and bobs. Electro-socket output jack plate, switchcraft output. Gotoh tuners.

integra evan likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.