Any Red Flags From These Pics?

drp146

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2020
Oklahoma
I'm looking at a Partscaster that's supposed to be a Genuine Fender neck and body, just from two different guitars. I only have these 3 pics at the moment, but I'm going to get more info soon. I can't go look at it yet, since the roads are bad right now with ice and snow. It's a very good price, so I wonder if it's real. Does anything in these pics look non Fender? Thanks in advance

Attachments

• Partscaster 1.png
    Partscaster 1.png
    311 KB · Views: 176
  • Partscaster 2.png
    Partscaster 2.png
    280.8 KB · Views: 175
  • Partscaster 3.png
    Partscaster 3.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 180

Intune

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
It’s very hard to tell from these pics without seeing under the pickguard and neck heel/pocket if they’re actually fender parts.

drp146

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2020
Oklahoma
I highly doubt the neck is genuine Fender. Never seen a logo with that font on the synchronized tremolo, and the entire thing seems slightly off or misshapen to me.
Can’t comment on the body apart from the paint looks either very badly resprayed or super dirty.

I would stay away.
I thought the paint looked bad also, but I am going to paint it a different color if I end up with it. The price is still good if the parts aren't Fender.

Martian Eye

Strat-Talker
Jan 8, 2022
Texas
And that fretboard literally looks like plastic, like a video game controller
guitarfinal.jpg

drp146

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2020
Oklahoma
Yes. $200. I am wanting to build an Ocean Turquoise Partscaster and thought if it wasn't too bad in person I might buy it even if not fender.
Yes, that’s right. The spacing on the 12 fret dots look way off. There’s lots wrong the more you look. Still if the price is too good to be true even if not fender parts, you probably answered your question.

Martian Eye

Strat-Talker
Jan 8, 2022
Texas
Yes. $200. I am wanting to build an Ocean Turquoise Partscaster and thought if it wasn't too bad in person I might buy it even if not fender.
$200 is way too good to be true. Even if you bought it for less you'll probably run into compatibility problems if you ever decide to replace the neck or pickguard.

drp146

Strat-Talker
Jun 8, 2020
Oklahoma
$200 is way too good to be true. Even if you bought it for less you'll probably run into compatibility problems if you ever decide to replace the neck or pickguard.
Yes, I think you're right. I was really only wanting a body anyway, to paint and put a Fender neck on. And selected hardware. After thinking about fender parts possibly having issues not fitting, as you mentioned, I've decided to pass on it. I did compare the look of the body with my actual Fenders and it does look off. It really looks like the shape of an Epiphone Strat copy I saw yesterday online.

Martian Eye

Strat-Talker
Jan 8, 2022
Texas
Yes, I think you're right. I was really only wanting a body anyway, to paint and put a Fender neck on. And selected hardware. After thinking about fender parts possibly having issues not fitting, as you mentioned, I've decided to pass on it. I did compare the look of the body with my actual Fenders and it does look off. It really looks like the shape of an Epiphone Strat copy I saw yesterday online.
I'd report the listing if it's possible on the platform it's listed on

Latest posts