Any UFC Fans here,,,

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Shuster, Jan 14, 2020.

1. Shuster

Shuster Strat-Talker

CONOR MCGREGOR VS DONALD CERRONE,,, who win's and why?
    Been waiting for McGregor's return, this looks to be a good fight to come back, and at 170 neither has an advantage.
    My bucks are on McGregor in the 2nd or 3rd round by TKO,,, Your Pick?

2. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Professional

Kicking
    And
    Tripping...
    Men
    In underwear

3. mabley123

mabley123 Senior Stratmaster

I watch it, but much preferred it when they were allowed to kick in the nuts, and unlimited time constraints.

Boognish likes this.
  4. mikej89

mikej89 Senior Stratmaster

Wait, what? That was never a thing was it??? o_Oo_O

5. mikej89

mikej89 Senior Stratmaster

I like to watch it sometimes but just a casual fan and don't really follow any fighters. Is that gonna be on ESPN?

6. Stratoholic

Stratoholic Senior Stratmaster

Don't forget, they're also rolling around holding and grabbing each other and getting all hot and sweaty in their underwear. If I want to see something like that, I might as well just go to pronhub.

RHL87, Stratoskater and Boognish like this.
  7. Loner71

Loner71 Strat-Talker

my hearts with Cowboy, but I think he'll struggle with McGregor being a southpaw, gotta sneaky hard left. Cowboy, if it makes it to the later rounds.

Shuster likes this.
  8. Stratoman10

Stratoman10 Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

My neighbor is nationally ranked in her weight division, second the last I talked to her. Nice as she can be outside of the ring though

9. SYCORAX

SYCORAX Strat-Talker

Old school BJJ rules in Brazil no time limit. And yes nut shots. Same with sambo. Thank god things change lol. I've been rolling for 17 years. It's a deep passion. So yep I watch, and I hope cowboy smeshes connor. But I'm sure it will be the same way Marty said it would happen.... if it ends in the first two rounds connor, if it goes past that cowboy will overwhelm him.

Shuster likes this.
  10. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Senior Stratmaster

I watch it, buuuuuut laugh all you like, I'm a WWE nut. Wrestling is where it's at, lol.....

At the end of the day, nobody hates each other after all. hahaha

Shuster likes this.
  11. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

a friend of mine and my father have the same names as 2 previous ufc champions.

Shuster likes this.
  12. Shuster

Shuster Strat-Talker

Prefer peanut butter and feathers?? Wait,, now I'm turning myself on:)

SYCORAX likes this.
  13. CapCrunch

CapCrunch Strat-Talk Member

Big fan here! Fully aware I don't the "stereotype" but I do enjoy the art and just watching two dudes tactically battling each other! In my eyes, its super artful. At least some of the dudes. I use to say that Anderson Silva was almost playing jazz when fights. I love how some fighters are very artful and specialized and others are, basically brawlers with skills. Its all good in my book!

My heart is with cowboy but I also enjoy Connor and think he can evolve into a new kind of fighter. Will do my best to watch it.

Khabib, a super master is awesome but would love to see Tony Ferguson figure this puzzle he has ahead of him!

Jon Jones... what an artist! He is really creative! So is Pantera kid.

I don't care much for rankings, I enjoy watching fellows hone their craft. A craft that is far from the type of person that I am!

Could talk all day about this ****!

Shuster and SYCORAX like this.
  14. Williamwolka

Williamwolka Strat-Talker

I feel like they are teeing Mcgregor up for Masvidal. Having the fight at 170. I feel like Cowboy has earned this money fight and regardless of the outcome will be rewarded.

Shuster and SYCORAX like this.
  15. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

I used to watch it back in the mid 90s. I cant remember what it was called then...maybe UFC. But it was, I think, Ken Shamrock and a few others back then. There was one fight where it was a huge guy and like a tiny Russian dude. Russian ended up breaking his hand on big boy and eventually won but had to forfeit because of a broken hand. There were some other great fighters that were just bad asses with little training unlike nowadays.

Shuster likes this.
  16. mabley123

mabley123 Senior Stratmaster

17. SYCORAX

SYCORAX Strat-Talker

Agreed man, cowboy over everyone for deserving the money fight. He is getting 80 mil + some royalties, cant remember what mma blog,vlog posted that. That made me happy to see.

Williamwolka likes this.
  18. SYCORAX

SYCORAX Strat-Talker

You could have been watching pancrase. But ufc came in 93. Brothers Shamrock were in both. But they didnt have less training. Some guys did just for filler. But most of them had been fighting and wrestling for 15+ years at that point. So they definatley were not just badass for no reason. That isnt real. A trained fighter will kill anyone on the street no issues. Staying calm ruins someone having an adrenaline dump. Which is what happened to all the semi trained and untrained that the Gracie's used for filler in the early 90s. It's pretty obvious even then who had been doing the old styles like shooto and sambo.

Boognish likes this.
  19. SYCORAX

SYCORAX Strat-Talker

Lol a classic. They dropped the nut shots real early after people watched a couple dudes get their nuts crushed. The worst video is a pride fight in the early 2000s I think it may have been Goodrich and sakaraba. Goodrich was straight smashing sakarabas nuts with his FEET. not like stomping. He was holding saka in butterfly guard and slipping his feet in the dudes briefs smashing his sack. Then he started grabbing and twisting lol. Pride changed rules shortly after that fight. Still had headstomps though! Always got gnar stomps outta young shogun. Wheeeew he was a monster with that ****. If you wanna see some brutality pride is the best imo. They had beasts at their prime with extremely limited rule sets lol. There was that time young overreem kicked crocops nut right out if his sack......eek. Oh and dont forget the yakuza they were running ****, so I'm sure it was all legit......... here's a little video of some pride stuff. It wasnt goodrich and sakaraba in this nut smashing scenario it was 2 different dudes. Cant remember it's been a long time.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2020
    mabley123 likes this.
  20. jim293

jim293 Senior Stratmaster

Love watching UFC. Do not really have a favorite.

Shuster likes this.