Anyone else annoyed with Sweetwater

Discussion in 'DIY Strat Forum' started by Intune, Jul 13, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intune

Intune Senior Stratmaster

Yeah it’s funny because the guy calls me today all buddy buddy then he’s got some bad news. I’ve bought from them before so now I always get a call or friendly email with deals. Here take my money and maybe I’ll get something someday. Just strange business plan. Wonder how many orders they get daily knowing there’s no parts in stock with peoples money floating around.

2. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

Y
    Not uncommon though. I had the same issue with Eastwood charging my card and then making me wait months for delivery. Haven't done business with em since.

Intune likes this.
  3. heltershelton

heltershelton Vivamus libero Vivamus duris Silver Member

that doesnt happen to me.
    i go through my sales guy and get the "we used to be in a band together" discount.

duzie, nadzab and Bob the builder like this.
  4. Roca81

Roca81 Strat-Talker

A lot of places do refunds like that then blame it on the banks. Fossil held a $1000 for ten days once after I returned our smartwatches. I even took them back to the store I purchased them from.

5. Intune

I not blaming the banks, the bank has nothing to do with it. I shouldn’t be able to make a purchase online when something is not in stock online. I don’t need a sales guy personally calling me asking mr how my day is going and is it ok if we hold onto your money for a bit while we scrounge around for parts we may not get ever.

ZlurkCorzDog likes this.
  6. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster

If a popular item is out of stock and there are more coming, taking your money is a way for you to have a place in line for the item when it comes back in stock. This is actually pretty helpful if the item is always scarce and in demand.

Don't like a retailer? Don't buy from them. Works really well.

7. Namelyguitar

Namelyguitar Most Honored Senior Member Silver Member

The guitar I bought at the end of 2020, they do NOT stock it. My sales engineer suggested it wouldn't pass their 55 point inspection.

Everyday price at the other online stores is $899.99. Oh, well.

Intune likes this.
  8. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

Direct quote from the forum rules:

“If you've got a problem with a vendor, or online seller, etc then you need to work things out with them. Do NOT bring your problem to our Forum Community.”

But whatever…

9. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster

Needs to be a thread.

10. Intune

Well when I first got the call with the great news I said no problem it happens I’ll wait sort on thing. Then I asked when might they come in and that’s when I canceled the order. I got “well end of august, maybe September, maybe um ah sooner, if we get more in” Yeah no thanks. I’m not a gambling man, I never seem to win.

11. Intune

Oh ok, lock her up boys. I didn’t realize this was in violation, sorry guys.

12. dscottyg

dscottyg Strat-Talker

I agree. I still love Sweetwater. Gotta be more tolerant with everything these days. They are doing their best and still loyal to customers.

jbylake, Antstrat and fos1 like this.
  13. nadzab

nadzab Play Don't Worry Silver Member

I can’t say you should feel bad- it’s possibly the most ignored (and unenforced) rule on the books. Why, I do not know.

Intune likes this.
  14. Intune

I find this thread hilarious actually. Just goes to show you how quickly a thread turns around because of a derailment. I will wait until the end of time for a item to come in the mail due to these terrible unforeseen times where in.

If anyone actually read what I said in my original post it had absolutely nothing to do with covid. Unless the guy that clicks a computer button when a inventory item is sold out and may no longer be available ever at that retailer had covid and was off that day.

I really just don’t get the “tough times man, things are slow, have patience”. This has nothing to do with that. They charged me for something that I will never see. If that is somehow covid related please someone explain it to me.

15. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Dr. Stratster

COVID is just a lame excuse to use for how they don’t refund your money immediately. It took them 2 seconds to take your money, why does it take a week to get it back to you?

Stonetone, Archtops and Intune like this.
  16. ZlurkCorzDog

ZlurkCorzDog INMATE #7XX7XX7

In the pre virus day's, ethically minded businesses websites would make it a point to say how they would NOT charge your CC until an item was shipped, or at time of shipping.
    I've been out of the game of online buying for the last year & a half. Too nuts for me.
    Bottom line in my book is, if a product is not in stock seller's shouldn't take folk's money till they have items in hand.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021
    Believer7713 and Intune like this.
  17. StratoMutt

StratoMutt Most Honored Senior Member

I did not get banana Laffy Taffy in my last order.

sad.gif

WDRedbone and Intune like this.
  18. Bob the builder

Bob the builder Most Honored Senior Member

Never bought from them.
    Got quotes but always found a better deal somewhere else

19. Intune

I bought strings and got the taffy, last thing I bought the candy was weak, actually so weak I don’t even remember what I got.

The overly excited sales guy actually didn’t give me any reason why he just said it’s out of stock. I wasn’t rude in any way and actually said thanks for the heads up. Later on I got thinking more on it as to why is this now my problem.

My problem being, I have a deal with my wife that I can buy whatever gear I want as long as I get them cash as “extra”. Like fixing my buddies junk vehicles, selling other gear, whatever it may be. This time I sold one of my many bike. $600 cash!!

So I gather my bills up and buy all my parts to build this tele. Bam all parts ordered and should arrive within the same timeframe. Well oh no $300 for pickups that won’t ever show up. No my money is tied up and in limbo while I wait. See where that could get annoying.

ZlurkCorzDog and CigBurn like this.
  20. tanta07

tanta07 Senior Stratmaster

My favorite move is to air your problem on Strat Talk, receive pages of suggestions, but then ignore the advice. Seems to be going on a lot lately.

Bcorig, jtoomuch and nadzab like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.