Anyone else having FedEx delivery issues

Rudedawg

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 5, 2015
Pine Belt of MS
If this is the wrong forum admins can please move it but I am having a really bad time with FedEx delivering my packages to the wrong address. A week or so ago we had a package marked as delivered and placed at the front door via an email received as delivered from the shipper. I knew something was amiss because FedEx always notes our packages placed under the carport, sure enough the package was not at either place. I finally found the package next door and it had been opened, one item (denta-styx) for our dog had been opened and some had been given to their puppy. I was ticked off but got the bulk of it back along with all the other items. My neighbor apologized and said he will start looking at labels closer, yeah you schmuck like the preamp tubes found in your trash when you received another one of my packages. Thankfully they were not damaged.

Well FedEx struck again yesterday except this time the package contains personal items for the wife and she is on the war path. If it's at our neighbors and has been opened it will not be a pretty sight when she gets done. I contacted FedEx and got no where so contacted the shipper and they are to notify FedEx of the issue to FedEx. I doubt that will help but I really wish folks were given an option to request shippers. We have never had a problem like this with UPS or even USPS. Thanks for the vent.

Higgins1980

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 11, 2013
North Carolina
If this is the wrong forum admins can please move it but I am having a really bad time with FedEx delivering my packages to the wrong address. A week or so ago we had a package marked as delivered and placed at the front door via an email received as delivered from the shipper. I knew something was amiss because FedEx always notes our packages placed under the carport, sure enough the package was not at either place. I finally found the package next door and it had been opened, one item (denta-styx) for our dog had been opened and some had been given to their puppy. I was ticked off but got the bulk of it back along with all the other items. My neighbor apologized and said he will start looking at labels closer, yeah you schmuck like the preamp tubes found in your trash when you received another one of my packages. Thankfully they were not damaged.

Well FedEx struck again yesterday except this time the package contains personal items for the wife and she is on the war path. If it's at our neighbors and has been opened it will not be a pretty sight when she gets done. I contacted FedEx and got no where so contacted the shipper and they are to notify FedEx of the issue to FedEx. I doubt that will help but I really wish folks were given an option to request shippers. We have never had a problem like this with UPS or even USPS. Thanks for the vent.
Sounds like you just have a bad delivery guy. All our delivery people where I live are pretty good. Had a lazy Amazon delivery guy that just threw packages wherever (had on thrown on the roof of my wife’s car. That he took a picture of and posted as properly delivered) but a couple complaints about that and it stopped.

Rudedawg

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 5, 2015
Pine Belt of MS
Sounds like you just have a bad delivery guy. All our delivery people where I live are pretty good. Had a lazy Amazon delivery guy that just threw packages wherever (had on thrown on the roof of my wife’s car. That he took a picture of and posted as properly delivered) but a couple complaints about that and it stopped.

Yeah must be because we received another package from the same shipper a day before that was placed under the carport as usual. I don't know what's going on, maybe that driver just can't read...:whistling:

Rudedawg

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 5, 2015
Pine Belt of MS
Just remember, this is the worst time of the year to be a delivery person, so try to have a little more patience. And hopefully, your wife's package will turn up unscathed.

Thanks and hope you're right. Granted and I realize their pressure but this has been happening all too often through out the entire year. FedEx has left several of the neighbor's packages at our house, which I promptly carried over unopened btw, but still. I also know they are going thru different drivers, I've seen too many new faces behind the wheels of their delivery trucks in our area, whereas, the UPS driver has been the same for several years. He knows me by 1st name basis now, lol. Anyway the wife says she'll handle it this time, oh joy.

nadzab

Play Don't Worry
Silver Member
May 15, 2009
New England
That's aggravating. I get that delivery drivers are out straight this time of year, but they basically have one job to get right. Is your house number clearly marked - on a mailbox, front of the house, etc?

Rudedawg

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 5, 2015
Pine Belt of MS
That's aggravating. I get that delivery drivers are out straight this time of year, but they basically have one job to get right. Is your house number clearly marked - on a mailbox, front of the house, etc?

Yes in big bold numbers at the front door, the neighbor's house is not even marked so go figure. Looks like I need to add a curbside marker at the end of the driveway which will also give the [email protected]#%! litter bugs another *%[email protected]%# target for our yard.

Wound_Up

You can call me Duane 😁
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA

My FedEx guy is great. So is UPS. It's the post office I have issues with. I've gotten 2 packages from FedEx in the last week and both came without issue. One even showed up a day early and didn't spend a week in Memphis like usual with FedEx.

Now the USPS? PSSHHTT. Alllll sorts of issues with packages not delivered at all for multiple days in a row. Talk about hot! I was PISSED. Ended up spending 30 minutes at the local office waiting for them to locate all 3 of my packages so I could take them home.

Most days, we don't get mail until dark. If we get mail at all. My mail carrier also has an issue with remembering to deliver packages. I've had them leave multiple times without delivering expected package(s). So then I either run down to their truck at the end of the street and ask for my stuff or I track them down on whatever street they're on and ask for my package(s) for my address. Happens farrrr too often.

Or the one time they forgot my package and tried to mark it as "delivery attempted. No access to location". Checking my cameras showed he had plenty of access to deliver my paper mail, so lying about no access because he didn't do his job is BS.

And that's exactly what I told the local Postmaster when I complained about it. I explained that they were purposely lying and I had multiple camera angles to prove they had PLENTY of access. My package was delivered before noon the next day. One of the only times I've ever gotten mail early in the day.

Cymro

Strat-Talker
Dec 23, 2019
Dino’s bar and grill
I feel your pain, we live in a property that has a barn that was converted to a dwelling by the previous owner. The barn has the same name as our house with the addition of ‘barn’ to differentiate.
Amazon Parcels constantly get delivered to the barn and are either dropped off opened weeks later or never.
Have even watched a delivery go there, knocked the door and was told nothing came for you only for it the be left opened at my door a few days later.
I now have Amazon deliveries directed to my local post office.
Strangely DPD delivered my NGD tele a week or two ago and have failed to deliver the box of strings that were included twice as ‘unable to find address’

Rudedawg

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 5, 2015
Pine Belt of MS
My FedEx guy is great. So is UPS. It's the post office I have issues with. I've gotten 2 packages from FedEx in the last week and both came without issue. One even showed up a day early and didn't spend a week in Memphis like usual with FedEx.

Now the USPS? PSSHHTT. Alllll sorts of issues with packages not delivered at all for multiple days in a row. Talk about hot! I was PISSED. Ended up spending 30 minutes at the local office waiting for them to locate all 3 of my packages so I could take them home.

Most days, we don't get mail until dark. If we get mail at all. My mail carrier also has an issue with remembering to deliver packages. I've had them leave multiple times without delivering expected package(s). So then I either run down to their truck at the end of the street and ask for my stuff or I track them down on whatever street they're on and ask for my package(s) for my address. Happens farrrr too often.

Or the one time they forgot my package and tried to mark it as "delivery attempted. No access to location". Checking my cameras showed he had plenty of access to deliver my paper mail, so lying about no access because he didn't do his job is BS.

And that's exactly what I told the local Postmaster when I complained about it. I explained that they were purposely lying and I had multiple camera angles to prove they had PLENTY of access. My package was delivered before noon the next day. One of the only times I've ever gotten mail early in the day.

Glad to hear your FedEx issues are nil but they're maybe 60% positive here. We don't have a rural mailbox and all our mail is delivered to the post office and have only had a couple of issues with them in 20 years. We live in a small rural town so that may have a bearing on things. FedEx is a major problem here and I'm not the only one having issues. The thing is complaints now fall on deaf ears unless it's possibly thru the shipper. The 1st time this happened about 5 years ago I was able to contact FedEx who in turn contacted the driver who in turn was able to retrieve the package then delivered it correctly, that cannot be done now. The drivers only have one job to do and that is to deliver a package/packages to the correct place; I know when working if I made a mistake I was dealt with but these guys just don't seam to care.

Lost Sailor

Senior Stratmaster
Aug 20, 2012
Wolf 359
I just saw an article where a fedex driver was busted for at least 11 break ins - the stuff was found in his delivery vehicle.....in North Carolina......I guess it would have been OK in California though.

nadzab

Play Don't Worry
Silver Member
May 15, 2009
New England

USPS is great here - since Thanksgiving they've been delivering twice daily, around 6:45 AM for packages, and again at the regular time (pretty consistently between 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM) for regular mail and additional packages. I guess the services vary among the carriers depending on where one lives.

AncientAx

Still hacking ....
Nov 24, 2010
Maryland
Yep , the driver can’t tell the difference between 3514 and 3414 .... we’ve had 5 packages delivered to the 3414 it must be that big hanging sign in front of my house that says 3514 that throws him off .....

dirocyn

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 20, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
A lot of houses are not well marked. It's a problem for delivery guys. So they rely on GPS first.

If the GPS says they've arrived and the nearest house doesn't have a visible number, they leave the package there anyway. They don't have time to hunt for numbers and they aren't there every day like the postman.

I suggest asking the neighbors to mark their house numbers more clearly so they quit getting the wrong packages.

AncientAx

Still hacking ....
Nov 24, 2010
Maryland
The funny part is when I called to complain they said I could go to where it was delivered and pick it up ! I told them I don’t work for fed ex .....

duzie

Most Honored Senior Member
May 1, 2016
northwest nj
The funny part is when I called to complain they said I could go to where it was delivered and pick it up ! I told them I don’t work for fed ex .....
I think fed-ex ground subcontracts their routes .
This triggers a rotating crop of drivers expecting to make a lot of $
Once they find out how much work is involved well ...
Their of to greener pastures :D

AncientAx

Still hacking ....
Nov 24, 2010
Maryland
Th
I think fed-ex ground subcontracts their routes .
This triggers a rotating crop of drivers expecting to make a lot of $
Once they find out how much work is involved well ...
Their of to greener pastures :D
ey can’t blame it on gps when you are a whole block away .....