Anyone Else Over Andertons & Danish Pete? How Many Freebies Are Enough?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by stylemessiah, Jun 25, 2021.

1. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Most Honored Senior Member

Danish pete is a good guitarist. He is annoying as hell with his commentary.
    I don't care about any of the other stuff you mentioned, purple guitars?

I don't subscribe to any YouTube channels, but if something piques my interest, I'll usually watch.

They (Anderson's) don't usually interest me too much.

omahaaudio likes this.
  2. tanta07

tanta07 Senior Stratmaster

OR...during a period of hard times, people might like the escapism of watching a few goofy guitar videos. Not everything needs to be a constant reminder of how crummy things have been.

3. RaySachs

RaySachs Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

You expressed an opinion. I expressed an opinion. If you felt I took it to a personal level, I was merely seeing things differently and mentioned your take in the process. I reserve the right to do so in the future. I wish you no ill will - I just didn't relate to your apparent level of irritation with Danish Pete and said so.

If you do not wish to risk similar exchanges in the future (I'm not sure if we've ever interacted before, but we may have), you have two options. Don't post your opinions and nobody will ever react in a way you don't like to an opinion of your's again... OR, ignore me and hope nobody else reacts to your opinions in ways you don't like. I won't be offended either way.

-Ray

4. WelhavenT

WelhavenT Strat-O-Master

tanta07 took the words right out of my mouth…

sssstratsss, Ebidis and tanta07 like this.
  5. Boubou

Boubou Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

Some get freebies, some don’t. It’s music gear not a new Covid vaccine approval.
    Wish I got freebies.

6. marksound

marksound Strat-O-Master

I don't fall prey to advertising. Not at all. Nope. :thumb:

210625 001.jpg

7. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

You seem ever so slightly worked up.

8. stylemessiah

stylemessiah Strat-Talker

Its hard to not take it personally when you address me as "you", direct your comments at me, instead of the subject matter

Consider yourself duly ignored from hereon in as you seem to like bullying others.

Your subscriber level doesnt give you the right to attack people, maybe you think it does, but it doesnt

9. stylemessiah

stylemessiah Strat-Talker

And surprise, a pile on-er

Apparently the milk of human kindness really is sour on this forum...

Never thought id have to unwatch a thread i started....well done the nasty few on Strat-talk

Cyberi4n likes this.
  10. FuncleManson

FuncleManson Strat-Talker

No question that their gear videos are pure advertisement. Nothing wrong with that. They're a business. I acknowledge that and watch for the entertainment value, which varies. I love some of the interviews Lee does (which usually don't involve gear promotion) and seeing new gear, while taking the "reviews" for what they're worth.

My favorite video of theirs is this, which I don't believe includes any gear promotion at all:

stylemessiah likes this.
  11. RaySachs

RaySachs Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

I guess you won’t see this, but if you ever take a look through my posting history, you’ll see that I don’t make a habit of bullying anyone. I’m sorry you feel that I’ve bullied or attacked you. Neither was my intent.

-Ray

12. dbb541

dbb541 Strat-O-Master

I'm not a subscriber. The videos do show up in my feed and every once in a while I'll start to watch one and end up shutting it off. Can't handle those guys constantly talking over each other at 100 MPH. I will admit the current line up is better then Chapman, that guy is about as slimy as they get.

stylemessiah likes this.
  13. nigelr

nigelr Senior Stratmaster

[QUOTE="CattleDog73, ]....Rick Beato earned a signature Gibson.[/QUOTE]

I had to Google this because it's the most ridiculous thing I've read today anywhere.....

A Gibson Rick Beato, I think that says everything you need to know about Gibson and the Internet......forget Andertons.

stylemessiah likes this.
  14. rocknrollrich

rocknrollrich Most Honored Senior Member

I don't know exactly what the "rob Chapman" mess is/was all about, but apparently there was some sort of YouTube wars? I honestly couldn't care any less about that stuff. I don't like him or hate him, hell, I don't even know him.

What I do find to be pretty cool, is the fact that the guy always seemed to nail those blindfolded challenges they would make him do.

He could hear the differences between modeling amps and tubes, different brands of guitars and tone woods etc.

All of the stuff that most of us say "you can't hear a difference"..... well... he usually nailed all of that. Consistently. Which I found to be pretty damn amusing.
    I can't hear subtle differences, nor do I really care too much, but that dude can. And it flys in the face of "internet fact", which I love when shiz like that happens.

Oh, but Danish Pete still annoys me.

stylemessiah likes this.
  15. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Silver Member

Most of the professional YouTuber's are pretty upfront about the paid content. This is no different than watching a celebrity spokesperson do a commercial.
    But you lost me here...reeks of jealously, sorry.

16. Blue Beagle

Blue Beagle Senior Stratmaster

Never subscribed but always watched.

It’s a shadow of what it used to be these days. Too polished and produced as well as not being funny anymore.

stylemessiah likes this.
  17. Martins Strat

Martins Strat Strat-O-Master

Ahem....me neither....

Attached Files:

18. fos1

fos1 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Evidently there isn't much income to be had on YouTube. I used to enjoy Mary Spender but she has become tedious of late. I also enjoy Daryl Braun. He frequently has a different take than others.

As others have said, it is mostly infomercials.

Oh yes. I do enjoy Molly Tuttle's picking. I'm not sure she actually has a channel though.

19. CattleDog73

CattleDog73 Strat-Talker

what I hate most is…I kinda like it. I’m a sucker for LP Specials and it looks great in Pelham Blue. But I’m sure it’ll be overpriced so I won’t be getting one.

nigelr likes this.
  20. surfnturf

surfnturf Strat-Talker

No one owes you any "sensitivity," especially anyone on youtube. And what exactly should they do? Stop trying to sell merchandise so more people can lose their jobs in a pandemic? I've only watched a few of their vids; I find most of them pretty annoying so I usually don't watch more of them. I think that's how it works: If you don't like it, don't watch it. Simple.