Anyone Else Over Andertons & Danish Pete? How Many Freebies Are Enough?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by stylemessiah, Jun 25, 2021.

1. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

Anderton's is a business, they make a living from selling music gear. Youtube is one of the places they advertise.

The same goes for the rest of the yout00bers, that's how they make a living. If all of us would stop making money in solidarity, the world would grind to a halt.

No, I'm not offended by any of it.

FuncleManson and TangledUpInBlue like this.
  2. Cerb

Countless peolme and businesses earn all or part of their livelihood on youtube. If you spend any time there expecting not to be subjected to advertisement or product placemet, you're severely delusional.

TangledUpInBlue likes this.
  3. Cerb

I think that's where a significant portion of the music scene had moved, to youtube. For good and bad.

BlurgyWurgyWibble likes this.
  4. Sparque

Sparque Seriously-Stratified Silver Member

I don't watch television, and I haven't been to the movies in years.
    I stay busy with work, gardening, swimming, and a variety of outdoor activities.

Watching youTube videos on my computer is an occasional and entertaining diversion for me therefore.

I really like seeing interviews (new and old) with my favorite artists, I enjoy watching rig rundowns, and I am (lately, perplexingly) into the aviation mishap recreation videos.

Been a fan of Andertons for quite a few years now, and I must confess, I really enjoy them.
    When Chappers was on, after Chappers was gone, the acoustic guitar reviews, the bass guitar guys, all of it.
    I genuinely like the family feel and the humorous production values.

Danish Pete seems like a good man.
    His sense of humor suits mine, and The Captain is (of course) a central figure who has yet to get on my nerves in all these years.
    And it goes without saying that I dig watching how his playing has improved as each year has gone by.

Not arguing with the OP in any way.
    We like what we like.
    What irritates you may seem delightful and charming to others.

Tomato, tomaahto.

:)

Martins Strat likes this.
  5. BlurgyWurgyWibble

BlurgyWurgyWibble Strat-O-Master

Honestly I'm sort of glad. I think it means that real live music will make a resurgence. The kind that doesn't have a militant "sound man" telling you that 3 on a 50w amp is too loud.
    The whole kleptomaniacal digital obsessed "BA in modern music engineering" John Mayer worshipping crowd can jog on. Sooner the better. If we have to go back to bashing a box and torturing a banjo to rediscover what makes live music so vibrant and the "moment" so important and to remind ourselves how horrible abstraction and the cult of personality subvert that in to something more or less unrecognizable.. So be it!

Cerb likes this.
  6. dscottyg

dscottyg Strat-Talker

I like watching Anderton’s videos so I do. I like Danish Pete. I never thought about it any other way than they’re demonstrating the gear they sell and doing interesting comparisons. I’ll keep watching.

7. SpeedKing

SpeedKing Senior Stratmaster

The last advert I enjoyed was Leonard Rossiter pouring Cinzano into Joan Collins lap.

Once you realise it's all designed to influence your buying decisions regardless of the product's cost/need ratio (which is what should be the only true measure) you also realise it's not in your interests to even watch them.

8. bobalu

bobalu Strat-Talker Silver Member

I enjoy the Andertons channel. Rob Chapmans non-stop shredding and noodling wore thin on me after about 2 minutes so I just tuned into other episodes he was not featured in. But it's a business like any other, nothing more. They are there to sell instruments and make money, just like every other store. I think maybe you're being overly sensitive here. They don't owe anyone anything, they're just doing their jobs. IMO, sensitivity to the Covid situation and its impact on people is expected from politicians and leaders, not retail stores. If anything, go after the crass bozo politicians who put their Covid foot in their mouths on a daily basis. Just my thoughts. Peace. :)

9. CigBurn

CigBurn Total Hack

All I got.
    DP.jpg

He seems like a nice enough guy, just making his beans like everyone else.

Martins Strat likes this.
  10. gjohnson441496

gjohnson441496 Senior Stratmaster

Thanks man. I appreciate that. I will try to be more careful in what I post though.

Neil.C likes this.
  11. PurpleHaze74

PurpleHaze74 Strat-Talk Member

Been subscribed and watching them for years now. Never bought a single thing from Andertons but I still have no problems or annoyances with their gear review videos, purple or otherwise. I guess it's just personal preference but I think they are one of the better channels that does product demos imo. To each their own though...