Anyone ever met a high profile criminal or serial killer?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Wound_Up, Nov 20, 2021.

1. PonyB

PonyB Senior Stratmaster

I had no clue my co-worker was a serial rapist.
    We were window cleaners at the time and had I known I may have defenestrated him.

3bolt79 and Numbercruncher like this.
  2. nosmo

nosmo Strat-O-Master Gold Supporting Member

A driver stops and picks up a hitch-hiker.

They drive for about five minutes, and the hitcher says, "Ya know, you probably shouldn't have picked me up. I could be a serial killer."

Driver says, "Naah...what are the chances there'd be two of us in the same car?"

3. muttonbuster

muttonbuster Strat-O-Master

Democratic People's Republic of California.
    Oh no, he was pretty personable but it was real brief each time (I was surfing before work, so even if it was Einstein I would have not been interested in a conversation over 30 seconds). I think OJ's deal was just that the insane amount of fame he had truly rotted his brain.

mikej89, Deafsoundguy and 3bolt79 like this.
  4. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Custom Title Silver Member

I knew the guy that possibly did the quadruple homicide had killed people and was involved in armed robberies and lots of other crime. He was a fairly active gang member. He was an active friend of mine and we used to hang out all the time around that time.

When the FBI agents were questioning me about the guy, they asked me what I was doing hanging out with a guy like that. I told them the honest truth. It's better to have him on my side than against me. We have mutual friends and I was quite aware of his reputation and wanted no part of that side of him.

3bolt79 and Numbercruncher like this.
  5. 4wotitswurth

4wotitswurth Strat-Talker

For anyone intrigued by profiles and what motivates etc…. Strongly recommend the series ‘mind hunter’ on prime…. Really wish they’d made a season two… or maybe series one was quite enough….

lammie200, soulman969 and 3bolt79 like this.
  6. dirocyn

dirocyn Most Honored Senior Member

One of my high school buddies, Billy, has an older brother named John Taylor. We used to explore caves together. John was a creepy guy, he pulled a knife on my brother one time. He would talk about how he wanted to be a vampire, he said he had it figured out and he only needed to kill one person. We used to go spelunking. While exploring Topsy Cave, John asked me if I thought that would be a good place to hide a body. I took that as a threat and got out of there. When I was leaving, he asked me and Billy to help him move "something." Billy started cussing him, yelling we ain't gonna help you move ****! We left. Later on, the badly decomposed corpse of John Taylor's girlfriend was found in Topsy Cave. Locals now call it Autopsy Cave. Taylor was charged, and acquitted. After the key witness (the guy who said he helped him hide the body) also turned up dead.

Wound_Up and Deafsoundguy like this.
  7. Jimbo99

Jimbo99 Strat-O-Master

Wound_Up likes this.
  8. Gonflyn

Gonflyn Strat-O-Master

Guy walks into a bar, starts talking to a regular while having a drink.
    Eventually the regular sez "hey havin a party at my place tonight if u wanna come".

Guy sez sounds fun, will there be booze?

"Oh yeah plenty to drink"

Cool, do u think it'll be lively, you know, maybe some fighting and stuff?

"Oh I certainly think it'll get quite violent"

Sounds exciting, how bout sex, will there be a chance of scoring?

"Oh yeah lotsa rough sex"

Wow this party sounds wild, how many people are going to be there?

"Well, I'm thinking it would probably be just you and me".

9. wjsb316

wjsb316 Strat-Talker

Yes.

Wound_Up likes this.
  10. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Strat-O-Master

I never met him but my great-great uncle was a hired gun in Kentucky feuds in the 1890's. He shot a lawyer on the courthouse steps as described in the folk song below. The people that hired him to do the hit made sure he only got 20 years instead of being hung. He was the "black sheep" of that side of the family and I didn't find out about him until I did some genealogical research a few years ago.

Wound_Up likes this.
  11. Danny D

Danny D Strat-O-Master

New Orleans born, now 40 miles west of Sacramento
    I've probably worked for some when I played the dirty clubs in New Orleans.

Wound_Up likes this.
  12. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Back in the day, when I was building custom ornamental iron in a welding shop, I worked with:

- A guy who had done time for manslaughter
    - A guy who had done time for murder
    - A guy who said he was wanted for manslaughter in another state

All were ok as coworkers.

Wound_Up likes this.
  13. Twin

Twin Strat-Talker

Yes, be aware of your surroundings at all times, be very cautious with strangers…including Craig’s List, meet at a police station; and don’t pick up hitch hikers you don’t know. Things are not as they used to be.

Numbercruncher likes this.
  14. Strontium Mog

Strontium Mog Strat-Talk Member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2021
  15. of this world

of this world Senior Stratmaster

oh i just remembered someone i met after she was released... she'd killed her abusive husband in texas and got 10 years. i met her in the california desert where she was working at the mining facility where i was employed rescuing the birds the operation was injuring and killing... the mining company hated me and actually sabotaged my vehicle on three different occasions, but dear old Maggie was my champion. She drove the Vac truck and would rescue me from whatever sticky situation i'd gotten into going after some duck or grebe, before the mining company found out and a had a hissy fit... (they're destroying the natural world but get mad if you get their truck dirty, disgusting dirty slime balls that they are) Anyway, Maggie was awesome, and she probably shouldve been given some kind of award for bravery in ending her abuser's career on earth.

in a way, if you count all the industry people i've worked around during oil spills with the casualties among wild animals in the tens of thousands, you could argue that i've spent my life surrounded by serial killers.

16. PonyB

PonyB Senior Stratmaster

Whew, heavy post, thanks for sharing.

17. Ian Ashdown

Ian Ashdown Strat-O-Master

Having worked in professional motorsports there were many scoundrels, some financial criminals, lots of drug money, one guy we were all sure killed his wife but he was never charged. One major criminal did a walk up the grid at an IndyCar race in Nazareth, PA and shook a few hands . . . .

No prize for guessing who it was.:sneaky:

Ian
    SoCal

18. Wound_Up

On a similar but different note, a close friend of mines mom was missing for like 15 years and they ended up finding her and the guy she was with the night they went missing...buried in a truck, at the bottom of a 50 ft(20m) tall asphalt mound at an asphalt & gravel company. That company was no more than 1 mile from her house. Her mother, my friends grandma, died before they found Jan & Jodie so she never got to know that they were even found.

If you look at this pic below, you can see some of the company with the gravel moving machines and stuff.

An employee at the company found the truck while removing gravel from that specific mound. He called the police as soon as he realized it was an automobile and the forensic team came and dug it out.

88af7d33-9f08-4381-a12f-1d210380e4b3-art1.jpg

https://www.shreveporttimes.com/sto...isiana-cold-case-unsolved-murders/3700067002/

Obviously whoever murdered them worked at that company and likely owned it to know how to do all of that. And to be able to be there doing it at a time that no one else would be, likely in, the middle of the night.

Her name is Jan Todd. The guy she was with is named Jodie Toney. She was a great lady. They still haven't solved the case. It hurts my heart every time I think about it. Jan was only 30-something at the time. Wayyyy too young. She had barely gotten her life started and had 2 young sons to raise.

Her youngest son, who is now a dang good tattoo artist, did the tattoo of my daughters name on my daughter's birthday Sept 11, 2014, 2 months and 10 days after she passed away. My daughter would've been 2 years old on that day.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021
  19. Wound_Up

LMFAO!

That reminds me of a movie they made here with Kevin Costner and Dane Cook. It's called "Mr Brooks". Costner is a serial killer and so is his daughter. It was a really good movie. But I might be biased since it was filmed like a mile from my house. There's a Rite Aid they show in the movie at one point. My best friend lived directly behind that place. Literally on the other side of their fence so we'd just jump the fence and go to the store 10x/day lol

20. Wound_Up

I lived with an exotic dancer for a while in my 20s. Taking a cab to the drug dealers house at 3am is pretty obvious but the cabbies did it every single time LOL. She'd leave the club, go straight there and then come home and wed party all night. I thought I was having fun. Didn't realize how badly I was killing my sinuses every night.

Now I deal with the issues that it caused...daily. It sucks.