Anyone have a white/cream/mint gaurd on a sunburst HSS with rosewood neck and black PU's and knobs?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by GlockandRoll, Jun 18, 2021.

1. GlockandRoll

GlockandRoll Strat-Talk Member

My blackguard is broken and heavily scratched up, and I saw a painting in a bar in New Orleans years ago that was a 70's sunburst strat with a rosewood neck that had a white guard but had black pickups (HSS configuration) with black knobs, and I thought it looked amazing.

Recently, I have come across this rather awesome 2013 American Special HSS that I have upgraded with a SD Pearly Gates, locking tuners, and a much-needed setup job including polishing the frets.

Now I just need to make it look a little different since I need a new scratch-plate anyway.

Any pics you can share, or maybe a link to a website where I can change this virtually, is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

70387824_2649265171771751_3488234741159690240_n.jpg

2. GlockandRoll

3. hamerfan

hamerfan Strat-Talker

I like more the 60 ies hotrodded look / American Deluxe Strat. All white pastics, but only a humbucker with black or zebra bobbins.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2021
    GlockandRoll likes this.
  4. GlockandRoll

Starting to think about this tortious shell, with a nickel cover on the bridge pickup and cream plastic.