Join Strat-Talk Today

Anyone seen the MIJ Hybrid Strats?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Merglet, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Merglet

Merglet Strat-Talker

I've noticed on Reverb a few listings from Japan for 50's, 60's, and a '68 hybrid strat, MIJ. I'm really intrigued by these and since I just got a new job that's paying me a lot more, considering pulling the trigger. Here's an example for a listing for one. Only thing that might give me pause is they all have "U" shaped necks.

https://reverb.com/item/10957405-fender-hybrid-50s-stratocaster-otm

2. robtking

robtking Strat-Talk Member

Yeah just saw them last night on coda music. I was looking at the 60s strat. Nice looking fret board. I noticed it has a two point bridge plate though.

Merglet likes this.
  3. Merglet

Merglet Strat-Talker

My initial reaction was, they basically look like "American Standard" strats, but they're MIJ. But on second look it's a sync trem as robtking pointed out, not the Am Standard 2 point floating.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2018
  4. Merglet

Merglet Strat-Talker

Seeing how I follow the "loosen the middle 4 screws" method for setting up, 2 points isn't really a concern for me hehe. But valid point!

electroplasmolog likes this.
  5. robtking

robtking Strat-Talk Member

Yes I've got the two point on my US standard and it's brilliant. I also have a MIJ jazz bass and couldn't be happier with it. The neck is stunning.

electroplasmolog and Merglet like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.