1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Anyone Try the New Black Paisley Strat From Japan?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Andy Summers, Sep 14, 2020.

1. Andy Summers

Andy Summers Strat-Talker

Ok, I will. I owned one of those a little over a year ago. Great axe but I didn't get on with the feel of the neck on it! Ill keep my eyes open and add it to my feed.

2. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too.

Thanks, I'd appreciate it. I noticed I missed one on Stratosphere a while back, but I have a Hot Rod 50's neck I'd love to pair up with that guit. The project I'm working on right now would be especially well-suited to the Sustainer.

3. Slartybartfast

Slartybartfast Strat-Talk Member

Beautiful guitar alright - but I'll never buy a guitar with a 7 1/4" radius, ever. Even though I started on one and used it for 30 years. No going back.

4. JJ119

JJ119 Strat-Talker

I am not a fan of paisley anything.

Sometimes someone makes something that might change my mind.

Not only does that Strat change my mind, it is Absolutely Stunning, and I will confess, I have been GAS Bit now.

Congratulations!!

5. Moleman

Moleman New Member!

I've got two I'm keeping locked away, crazy as it sounds. No intention of playing them, may get a third to play, but I have enough Strats to play (83 Squier, 99 Am Standard, 2018 custom built Woody Phifer Strat) among other guitars. I got them along with Fender molded cases to surprise my brother and sister one day hopefully far in the future. Too pretty to play, pure investment which I never thought I'd ever do. One has truly NBP (never been played) while I strummed a few bar chords on the second before tucking it away (removed the plastic from guards, pickups, and back covers).

Attached Files:

JJ119 and mapleglo like this.
  6. Demon Dave

Demon Dave Strat-Talker

Congrats, that guitar is sweet, definitely my style too. My ‘86 Contemporary has a basswood body, and nothing wrong with it, absolutely. Enjoy your new instrument.

JJ119 likes this.
  7. StratoMutt

StratoMutt Senior Stratmaster

Nice! :thumb:

A smile of approval here:

upload_2020-10-26_18-5-9.png

JJ119 and Black59 like this.
  8. Wound_Up

Wound_Up Strat-O-Master

You can send your favorite Strat to Matt & Chris @ www.texastoastguitars.com and they can do an amazing fabric top paisley burst. That way it has everything you like, plus a paisley burst.

One of the best I saw them do on a Strat was on an Yngwie Strat. It turned out absolutely beautiful! I'll go find a link to one of their vids when they made it and come back and post it.

Edit: so it wasn't paisley. I thought it was. It still looks friggin great! They can do whatever fabric you want.

20201027_034056.jpg 20201027_034224.jpg 20201027_034231.jpg

I think this one would've been pretty badazz with a black burst

20201027_034803.jpg

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020 at 4:50 AM