Are Klein 59 pickups good for SRV tone?

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Guitaraddict59, Apr 13, 2021.

1. Guitaraddict59

Guitaraddict59 New Member!

I have been looking at a lot of 59 strat pickups(clones) and the Klein’s sound good to me. If somebody has experience with these pickups please tell me if you enjoy them.

2. Single Malt

Single Malt Strat-Talker

Hi Guitaraddict 59. I wanted the tones of SRV (I don't have the chops) and after much research, decided on the Klein Epic '59s. I love them. Previously, I had Fender PV'59s, and while they're a very good pickup, the Kleins gave me more of everything. More clarity, more overtones, more wood, and a better bell tone in the bass. I like the non-RWRP, and the pos 4 tone is very Little Wing OR Tin Pan Alley. I get great Texas Flood neck tones and the pickups capture all of the harmonics and wood of the box 1 rhythm and fills. They're not heavily mid-scooped like CS '69s and I find that I achieve the SRV tones with the pickups at a low to medium height.

I have them in a 2018 AmPro I and love both the guitar and the pickups. They sound great through dirt pedals, and I get great Hendrix or Trower tones with a Fulltone Robin Trower Overdrive.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2021
    Blackmore Fan and Nate D like this.
  3. Guitaraddict59

Thanks you so much, this really helps

4. Single Malt

Single Malt Strat-Talker

You're welcome. They are great pickups and I know you'll like them.

5. CGHguitars

CGHguitars Strat-O-Master

Have set in my #1 partscaster. They are the best all-around lower output single coils I have ever used. If you want one REALLY good set, that can span the tone spectrum, these are a great choice.
    Can't go wrong.

6. SalvorHardin

SalvorHardin Strat-O-Master

How would they differ from the SD SSL-1? And could you order them with a RWRP?

Blackmore Fan and TheDireStrat like this.
  7. Guitaraddict59

Also, I know that some pickups are made so that they all are exactly the same, are these pickups all wound to be exactly the same like the mojotone 59?