1. Enter to Win one of two Strats we are giving away! An American Pro II Strat HSS and a Squier Classic Vibe Strat. To see the prizes and rules: https://www.strat-talk.com/pages/2020_Fundraiser_giveaway/ To enter: https://www.strat-talk.com/account/upgrades To enter, simply upgrade to silver (1 entry), gold (2 entries), platinum (5 entries), or double platinum supporting membership (10 entries). November 5th is the last day to enter!

Are the fender american ultra guitars worth it?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Stefan272, Oct 17, 2020.

1. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Strat-Talker

Maybe it's just Canada then. Bought my American Deluxe for $1200 CAD which is basically what most used Standards go for.
    IMG_20200920_132226.jpg

StratoMutt likes this.
  2. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Censored

Aren't you able to buy from an online shop like Thomann? I know you won't have the opportunity to test it before you buy it but they always let you return if you're not satisfied and either replace it with another one or money back.

ibdrkn1 likes this.
  3. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

Used Standards don't go for $1200 in Canada....they go for like $800-900 or $1000 MAXIMUM

They hold value my man.....about 2/3 of original retail.....they don't ever surpass it unless years go by and inflation catches up....

4. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Strat-Talker

Lol maybe everything is just $1200 here now. Now that I think of it $1200 is what I paid for the last 4 guitars bought & that Custom Classic.

5. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Strat-Talker

Lately the used value of things have gone up. You're right. Most people ask$12-1400 for a Standard but then take $11-1200. These days most MIM's are asking $8-850 & taking $650.

6. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Strat-Talker

Regardless of the actual prices in various areas would you agree that Gibsons generally retain more value than Fender?

7. rockon1

rockon1 Strat-O-Master

8. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster

NOPE....any used guitar is only worth 70% of original price used maximum

WITH rare exceptions......Gibson had a guitar that was like $400 new back in 2015, I almost bought one for 549 Canadian in 2015/16....and it wasn't the M2 or the other cheap one, it was a great instrument, I forget what they were now.....

Those low end ones now sell used for what they sell new, but no expensive Gibson does except for vintage ones....

9. Jethro1972

Jethro1972 Talentless Hack Silver Member

Last year I was looking seriously at a cobalt blue burst flame top les Paul standard. The price tag had $2799 on it. I picked around and messed with it a while and we started haggling a little. Right before I pulled the trigger, I got a call and my stepson had some mechanical issues with his car and was going to need some financial help. I had the price down to $1995. If a person can buy a new les Paul for that price, used ones should be able to be had for less. Fender’s are the same. I got my brand new rosewood neck am pro for $1349 when they were listed for $1699. I am not really that good of a negotiator so I am sure many here could have gotten better prices. Don’t be afraid to negotiate a price. Someone may not have as much in it as you may think. If they are motivated, they might sell.

10. BuffaloHound

BuffaloHound Strat-Talker

11. Stratafied

Stratafied Senior Stratmaster

Get the Strat, LPs are over priced and just not as cool.

12. Stratafied

Stratafied Senior Stratmaster

Checkout the American Professional ll

13. Henry2

Henry2 Strat-Talk Member

Yes, the Ultra Stratocaster is a very nice guitar. I especially love the neck, the compound, the carve, the smoothness. Really high quality guitar all over. Pups are pretty good, noiseless is a huge plus, and if you have a decent modeler or amp then the vintage output level should not be a problem. I play the McCready parts in a Pearl Jam tribute and have no problem to get all sort of "heavy" sounds with my Fractal FM3 and the SSS Ultra. Extra neck heel and body carves, locking tuners, two-post trem are all nice features.