Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Aria club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by alexcoupe, Oct 19, 2012.

1. alexcoupe

alexcoupe Strat-Talk Member

Oct 17, 2012
    portugal
    I was wondering if there are some Aria owners on the forum.
    Post some pictures of yours, and what mods you have made.
    This is mine.

[​IMG]

2. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2012
    Southern California
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Aria Pro II Les Paul copy, Seymour Duncan PRails, repositioned pickup selector, removed neck pickup volume and tone pots and replaced with two 3 way on/off/on toggle switches. Very versatile wildman instrument.

3. bigboudin

bigboudin Strat-Talk Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Canada
    Yes i am here's a pic IMG_0441.jpg Bigboudin

4. JeffBlue

JeffBlue Strat-Talker

Oct 25, 2012
    Southern California
    Nice Strat you got there.

5. porterburst

porterburst Strat-Talk Member

Nov 29, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Years ago I owned a two tone Aria Pro-II Z guitar. It was half black, half white. My buddy had the same guitar, only half light blue, half dark blue. Those were the metal days.....lol.

6. Vanny

Vanny Strat-Talk Member

Hey all, i recently posted this in the "other guitars" section...but now that I see there is a Aria Discussion here, i thought i would repost it here.., I recently went to guitar center and there on the wall was this most beautiful Aria ES-335 copy staring at me. I played it, and it played like butter, and sounded fantastic. I walked out of the store with the guitar and hardshell case for 235 dollars.
    On further inspection, under the Aria logo on the headstock, I could clearly see(professionally filled in) was a Greco name. The Aria Logo was installed in mother of pearl over it. The Greco Logo was the exact font used by Gibson. I have a good friend with a vintage ES-335 and he brought it over so we could compare the 2 side by side. It is literally a dead nuts copy of the 335. I looked on the matsumoku site to see if I could find a model number on it. (There is no serial number or model number anywhere on my guitar).
    The only guitar I could find closely resembling it was the 5502.. but this guitar has no bolt on neck plate..it is built just like the 335 with the neck joining the body. I was told by another player that this guitar was one of the first issues and it should date to the early 70's. Does anyone have a site I could go to and determine the model number on it? I have looked high and low and can not find it in any of the older Aria guitar catalogs.
    Some say it is a "Lawsuit" guitar which does not interest me because I have no interest in selling it. Hopefully there is a player out there with one like it and could lead me in the right direction and thanks Hugh for pointing me here 0))

Attached Files:

7. Heilly

Heilly Strat-Talker

Mar 21, 2011
    Thornton, CO
    Aria Pro II Fullerton '95

Here's my 1995 Aria Pro II Fullerton Strat copy FL 05 hardtail.
    No mods.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. backaroobill

backaroobill New Member!

May 22, 2013
    QUEENSLAND
    Aria Pro II Backaroo

I have 2 Backaroo's and they are great guitars, would put them up against any F*#^er!

Three piece Ash Body, Maple Neck and Rosewood fretboard, Dimarzio P/ups (standard) made in 1980.

Attached Files:

9. Bunk

Bunk Strat-Talk Member

Jul 25, 2013
    Manchester
    Thats a nice looking Tele!. I'll get by SB basses up as soon as I get my SB900 home. Out on session duty at the moment!

10. Virgman

Virgman Strat-O-Master

Nov 2, 2012
    Joisey
    That's nice. Did you buy this guitar new in '95?

What is the serial number?

11. Virgman

Virgman Strat-O-Master

Nov 2, 2012
    Joisey
    I have a Aria Pro II Fullerton FL-10S (S/S/S) and a FL-10H (H/S/S)

I'd assume both were made '95 - '99 from what I've been able to find.

From what I've read the Aria Pro II Fullertons were made in the USA from '95-'99.

Anybody know what the serial numbers on these mean?

Here's a brochure from '98.

Attached Files:

12. Wowbanger

Wowbanger New Member!

Feb 7, 2014
    Ibiza
    I've got a couple of Aria Pro II's. A Korean TA60 and a FL-10H. Were the Fullertons really made in the USA? I read it somewhere, but didn't really believe it. Not that it matters, they're both great guitars.

13. Virgman

Virgman Strat-O-Master

Nov 2, 2012
    Joisey
    So "they" say. Aria probably opened a plant in the USA as part of a trade agreement. Japanese companies were doing this at that time to enable them to sell their other products in the USA. This is just a hypothesis on my part. The guitars may have been assembled in the USA of foreign parts also.

Not a lot of info out there but the Aria Fullertons apparently were made in the USA in the mid to late 90s. Their factory was in Fullerton, California I guess, hence the name "Fullerton".

Hopefully someone around here has more knowledge of this.

Toyota and other Japanese companies opened auto plants in the USA during this time to assemble cars. The parts were often shipped in from Japan and assembled in the USA to utilize American labor thereby circumventing tariff restrictions and quotas on foreign cars. They are still made here.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014

14. hotpot

hotpot Strat-Talker

Oct 27, 2013
    Lancashire UK
    Just picked up a Aria AW 20 GRS acoustic yesterday off ebay for the princely sum of 36 quid:D I haven't owned one in a few years and was missing the finger picking on an acoustic, I gotta say this thing plays great, spruce top, mahogany neck, mahogany back & sides and is well made. it has a great tone to it too.:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Virgman

Virgman Strat-O-Master

Nov 2, 2012
    Joisey
    Found these pics on Craiglist.

This looks like one of the exact same guitars I have.

Note the sticker on the back of the headstock...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 8, 2014

16. scottiewalton

scottiewalton New Member!

Feb 14, 2013
    Here is my PE Anniversary model. It's the best playing overseas made guitar I have ever played.

View attachment 94678

I have recently changed the pickups to a Seymour Duncan Lil' 59 in the neck and a Jeff Beck in the bridge. The original pups were the Duncan Designed version of Duncan Distortions. They sounded good, but were a bit too scooped in the mids for playing blues. It is in the middle obviously.

image-4222683452.jpg

17. scottiewalton

scottiewalton New Member!

Feb 14, 2013
    And here is a pic of me playing it with the original pickups.

image-607916748.jpg

18. Luthier-Atlanta

Luthier-Atlanta Senior Stratmaster

Jul 18, 2012
    Marietta, Ga.
    Well I guess I should join in if I may, here are a few I have the pleasure of owning;
    1970 Aria 5502-Z
    1983 Aria Pro II Urchin U-60T

Attached Files:

19. Razaldazal

Razaldazal New Member!

Sep 10, 2017
    Jersey
    Hi guys new to the forum i have 3 guitars and love them all gender squire bullet upgraded an aria pro II Fullerton and a schecter hell raiser. I was wondering what kind od pups came in the aria

Yaralag likes this.

20. Yaralag

Yaralag Senior Stratmaster

Aug 28, 2014
    Colorado
    This is an old thread. I don't think any of these guys have been on Strat Talk since last year.