bad mood sellers?

Bladesg

Funk Meister
Silver Member
Oct 31, 2013
Australia
I have piles of stuff I don’t use anymore that I won’t sell because buyers are mostly ****ing wankers that ask stupid questions, waste your time or offend you with a low ball offer.

Each to their own. I’m a grumpy hoarder 🤣

Impulsive guppy

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Jan 9, 2020
Springfield
madpb-mads_al_jaffee_spews_out_snappy_answers_to_stupid_questions-1-backprintid.jpg

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
I have piles of stuff I don’t use anymore that I won’t sell because buyers are mostly ****ing wankers that ask stupid questions, waste your time or offend you with a low ball offer.

Each to their own. I’m a grumpy hoarder 🤣
I can relate. I only do local Kijiji/Craiglist dealing. There was a time when I really enjoyed meeting new people and some of the people I met that way became friends. Now, I just toss my leftover parts in a drawer or tell myself I'll get around to selling that guitar someday. I can't stand the tire kickers and crappy attitudes so many have now.

Well...... though it looks new it isn't new, so will you take 15% of new?

Beat it!! When I find I'm getting overrun with stuff I literally give it away. I'd rather give it away and feel good about it than to be made to feel bad about trying to get a reasonable price.

Straddled

Strat-O-Master
Mar 7, 2022
Evergreen State
I'm still learning, but it doesn't hurt to ask questions, especially after reading this forum for a couple weeks.

Some people are not worthy of buying your guitar, you'll find out the hard way.

I took Strat apart yesterday, I won't sell it someone who can't "find his tone", all Strat out the door body and neck after my last experience, just not worth it when you get your baby back all grody with dubious body on it after 11 days and you gotta give somebody $3k back and you eat the shipping.

"DON'T BUY A GUITAR WITHOUT TALKING TO ME FIRST.'

Genius, absolute genius.

My wife said same thing on Strat, did you talk to him? Nope, I just accepted an offer for less than my price, and it blew up in my face.

She says, did you check him out on Facebook?

Me, the dolt, "No, why?".

I check him out on Facebook, he has a Squier and his GF looks like she bites the head off things and like to take selfies covered in blood.

Maybe she didn't think he should blow a month's worth of bills on a guitar he couldn't play, who knows.

Caveat Venditor.

A guy low balls me on a guitar the other day.

$600 offer on a $1200 guitar.

I thought about it, and I wrote telling him 1st of all this old guitar has a couple issues that need to be addressed, and how to do it.

He wrote nothing back saying he understood this, or cared or had a plan to fix it, only that he wanted it for $600. I never even wrote back with counteroffer, I don't want to deal with another broke/and problem buyer.

I'm vetting my sales now also.

White Dog

Strat-O-Master
Jan 19, 2020
Iowa
I tell you what...selling (especially on Craigslist) can be very frustrating at times. In one way, I can feel this guy...in another way, could be less harsh.
For buyers it seems everything THEY have is worth an arm and a leg, and everything YOU have should be free.
100% of the time when I list something on Craigslist, the first inquiry is going to be an extreme low ball, or a ridiculous 'trade', GUARANTEED!

Latest posts