Bah.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
It's the day that Boyo and I pack up his drums in his car in preparation for him to head back to school three hours away for the next semester. Could not be prouder, am happy with the program he is in, but I miss his presence. He's talking about staying there through the winter break to gig and make some money.

I dig that he is an adult and needs to be doing his own stuff but.....dang.

Butcher of Strats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2022
Maine
I have a friend who only sees her son for a Christmas visit.
But multiple visits he ends up not breathing on the LR floor and the paramedics have to revive him with narcan.

Beeeeee grrrreeeeaaaatful!
I know you are, just reporting in from the dark side of parenting...

thomquietwolf

Dr. Stratster
Gold Supporting Member
Silver Member
Dec 2, 2010
Peardale CA
It's the day that Boyo and I pack up his drums in his car in preparation for him to head back to school three hours away for the next semester. Could not be prouder, am happy with the program he is in, but I miss his presence. He's talking about staying there through the winter break to gig and make some money.

I dig that he is an adult and needs to be doing his own stuff but.....dang.
I kinda missed my boys
When
They went to
Boot camp (Army)(Marines)
But
Had race dates to make....
WhatTheHeck

You'll be OK

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Boy howdy, you ain't lying! But it is rewarding to see how my daughter turned out, despite having spent all those years with me.
@Dadocaster you should take no small measure of comfort in the close relationship you have with your Boyo.
Well, I certainly do, but it makes it even harder when he leaves.

We are settling in pretty nicely into him being an adult. That's gratifying.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
I’ve got 2 in flight and one fledgling. We enjoy the alone time, then we miss them. Repeat and rinse. It’s a good problem to have.
Yes, it is. The thing where he comes into town during breaks and switches all the drums around and stuff, and then on the way out he will poach stuff off of the kit that we keep set up in the house and change the kit all around always bugs me. Might be marking his territory or something.

Nadnitram

Most Honored Senior Member
Might be marking his territory or something.
If the bass drum has a stain and the pedal is starting to rust, you might be right.

I’ve got 2 in flight and one fledgling. We enjoy the alone time, then we miss them. Repeat and rinse. It’s a good problem to have.
Same here. Senior and sophomore in college, sophomore in high school. Welcome home, we've missed you, stop eating all our food!

Mansonienne

Mod admin
Staff member
Silver Member
Dec 2, 2015
Paris suburbs, France
My daughter's been home for a couple months from high school in the US - we're all heading to Cal next w/e and from there she'll go to Mass. for her senior year. I probably won't miss her much, but maybe I will - yesterday she started the day as a real brat, particularly with me... but by the end of the day, she was lovely, even helped in the kitchen and hung out with our friends who'd come for dinner. So there's hope... 😊
Hang in there, Dado.

Last edited: