Baritone guitars

fretnickspeed

Strat-Talker
Mar 17, 2010
UK
A Baritone can be an electric or acoustic. The difference is in the scale length and tuning, i used to own a Yairi Baritone acoustic and the bottom string was tuned to B and its gauge was a 70, they were like ropes. Its basically a guitar tuned a fourth down from a normal guitar, so on a Baritone its B-B as opposed to E-E on a normal guitar. They sound wonderful and one day i want another one. Hope that helps.

thaus

Most Honored Senior Member
Jul 6, 2007
London Canada
I have been mulling over buying a baritone neck and converting one of my strats........kind of have the baritone thing happening with my VG strat but it isn't like the real thing which has a totally different neck!

mgray

New Member!
Apr 4, 2010
Vancouver
I have been mulling over buying a baritone neck and converting one of my strats........kind of have the baritone thing happening with my VG strat but it isn't like the real thing which has a totally different neck!

Also, at least for acoustic baritones, the bridge is moved back amongst other things. I would imagine the bridge would also have to be moved for electrics?

m2neotech

New Member!
Sep 10, 2010
Canton, Ohio
Here's my project: It's a 24 Fret Baritone Strat. Although it is a baritone, I have built it, for standard tuning specifically. Works very well, and also has the Roland GK-3 pickup / GR-20 / Guitar Rig 4 system.

VStrat6%20.JPG