Join Strat-Talk Today

Beat up.... By a girl

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stratoman10, Jun 11, 2019.

1. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

Does not sit right with me ...you walking round with that hate....

2. smithstrato

smithstrato Senior Stratmaster

Tattoo on forehead comes to mind.

3. mabley123

mabley123 Senior Stratmaster

My wife is from a small island, and village in Philippines. Panay. Province Aklan.... She grew up in a Bamboo Hut, that had to be replaced every year, with no running water, no electricity, no feminine products until she was 16, no shoes until her last year of high school, when she had to take some kind of military/government testing and it required shoes. She was also 2nd in math on the Whole Island for grade schoolers. She was in 6th grade.
    Walked 3 miles each way, through the jungle on a dirt/mud road through the mountains to school, and NEVER missed 1 day of school from 1st- graduation. Had to walk 1/4 mile to the river to get water, and bathe. Snakes anyone?? Pythons, Cobras?? Talk about Mosquitoes. Theyre so bad you have to smoke your hut every night to keep them out. Snakes also don't like the smoke.

I met her as a Pen Pal in 2002, when she worked as a live in caregiver in Singapore. They were also mean to her. 1 employer would lock her up on her only day off each month. They lived on 30th floor. They were/are dentists, and she took care of 1 infant, and 1 second grader.She cooked all meals, got the 1 kid ready for school, had to clean the kitchen floor 2x a day, on hands and knees, as a MOP doesn't get it clean, so they said. They would come behind her with a white cloth, and if she missed anything, she had to do it ALL over. 1x after Breakfast
    After dinner it was clean the floor again, then they would take her to their dentist office, where she would cleant it, and then come home with them, and go sto sleep. Her day was from 5AM-11PM.....$150.00 USD per MONTH.

She is now an RN. BSN, and working on her Nurse Practitioner. She is 44, I am 60. She was #1 in her nursing class, and got the highest score ever given by the anatomy professor, who used to be the head of Duke Anatomy/Physiology, and is also 1 of the Editors to the A/P book they use in college. My wife is her prize student.

My wife also lifts weights, pullups, pushups, rope climbing, and has run a 53 mile Ultra Marathon in 11 hours 56 minutes.

4. dirocyn

dirocyn Senior Stratmaster

Yikes my dude. I don't know any women over the age of 12 who can't open a jar of spaghetti, and I don't know any woman over the age of 4 who can't kill a spider. Those are some pretty dated stereotypes.

My wife and I have remodeled parts of our house together, she can swing a hammer and she can run a chop saw or a flooring nailer, she can hang drywall. She paints better than I do. She makes more money than I do. Sometimes she buys me guitars. Life is good.

5. Muddslide

Muddslide Strat-Talker

Yeah. "Just sayin'" a bunch of baseless, borderline hateful nonsense.

Sheesh...had her neck wrung for WHAT?

Miss, please know there really are men who admire and respect women.

I am also a feminist, because sexism IS still pervasive.

But I'm also a feminist because to me, in essence, feminism is humanism.

I'm also anti-bigotry and anti-intolerance because, well, bigotry, intolerance, racism, etc., are all also alive and well, more's the pity.

I myself am not very tolerant of intolerance.

6. Mansonienne

Mansonienne Mod admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Exactly

7. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

My wife likes snakes...they give me the heebie jeebies and I run. I think spiders are cool and they send my wife running. There's zero correlation here related to gender.

And who buys jars of spaghetti? :confused:

8. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 Deeply Shy. Strat-Talk Supporter

Changed mind on.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  9. perttime

perttime Strat-O-Master

Never heard of jars of spaghetti....
    How people react to animals and bugs seems to go in the family. Looks like my mother in law infected my wife with a fear of spiders and other spindly things. That has carried over to my daughter. The fear doesn't stop them from killing one - if suitably armed.

There's a guy now working with me, but soon starting training to be a cop. The other day a wasp got into the office and he was running out of the room to get away from it. I was stalking the wasp with a coffee mug, so I could put it back outside. The wasp found the window on its own first.

abnormaltoy and BallisticSquid like this.
  10. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

yeah well my mom can beat up all ya'all's moms with her weak jar opening hand :)

11. montemerrick

montemerrick you can't stay the fool Strat-Talk Supporter

Jay Clayton, by any chance?

abnormaltoy likes this.
  12. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Equal partnership is the only way to fly, if you ask me,
    (and since it's not up to me , that's how we roll :D:D:D)

abnormaltoy and smithstrato like this.
  13. Monkeyboy

But seriously, what's that old thing …"all people are created equal " ?

Yeah, everybody remember that. I see man hate on Facebook and it aint right.
    I see a male dominant society with it's masculine foundations shaking, and some men
    lashing out, and it aint right. People are people to start with, end of sentence.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  14. 808K

808K Strat-O-Master

Just for fun. Don’t read anything into it. Please.

Monkeyboy likes this.
  15. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster

Around a decade ago, the neighbor's cat Butch was beaten up daily by a girl.

He'd climb over the chain link fence and swagger through our yard with a "Hey there, ladies!" attitude in the direction of our 3 females. The two fully-clawed, fully-capable ones hunkered down and did nothing, but the finicky, long-haired, clawless female charged out to defend the territory.

She'd punch Butch in the face. Not one of those sideways cat-whacks, but a punch, which I've never seen another cat do. The punch came from slightly overhead: she'd raise her right shoulder a bit, pull her right front leg back and just drill him in the face, over and over. Pow, pow, pow, pow, pow! He'd stagger back a step or two, either dazed or not believing it was happening and she'd do it again. Pow, pow, pow! He'd keep an eye on her as he slowly backed up. When he could reach back and get a paw on the fence, over he went.

Butch was beaten up by a girl, daily, for at least two months. After that, the our cat apparently gave him some rules. He could sit in the yard if it was way over there in the corner and he made no contact or conversation with them. That worked fine and the ladies carried on as if he didn't exist. He was probably thrilled to be in the corner our yard, otherwise he had to share his own yard with a Whippet that was as neurotic and agitated as a dog could be.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    rafasounds likes this.
  16. archetype

archetype Senior Stratmaster

Interestingly, the lyrics to It's a Man's, Man's, Man's World (originally It's a Man's World) were written by Betty Jean Newsome and the music by James Brown.

Monkeyboy, 808K and abnormaltoy like this.
  17. rgbedard

rgbedard non-compliant Strat-Talk Supporter

Probably a man ...

abnormaltoy and Muddslide like this.
  18. AncientAx

AncientAx Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

Proud dress wearer at my casa . Happy wife , happy life !

abnormaltoy and Stratoman10 like this.
  19. 808K

808K Strat-O-Master

Now that’s a fun fact! Interesting!

20. Monkeyboy

vgyh.gif

rgbedard likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.