Behind the nut open tuning beauty!

Whitster

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 27, 2021
Seattle area
John 5 is such a great interviewee on musical topics. He really has a depth of knowledge of guitar styles and what makes it all the more great is he still has such enthusiasm for guitar. I believe I can hear the joy in his playing and it makes it better.

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
John 5 is my favorite guitar player I use to shock non-metal fans. Visually he looks metal and his association with Marilyn Manson (if known) turns many off before they’ve heard a note. He’s the definition of “don’t judge a book by its cover”.

davidKOS

not posting these days
May 28, 2012
California
i've never heard him play before. that's flippin fantastic.

He's not just all Marylin Manson. He's a serious player.

John 5 is my favorite guitar player I use to shock non-metal fans. Visually he looks metal and his association with Marilyn Manson (if known) turns many off before they’ve heard a note. He’s the definition of “don’t judge a book by its cover”.

I was surprised when I first heard John 5 some years ago - killer chops!

Plus a unique way of adapting country techniques to metal....

ChrisD

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 22, 2011
Ireland
I remember as a teenager thinking he was just another guitarist with weird clothes and makeup. I remember the Marshall Mode 4 ads in magazine's he did too. Over the years its become very obvious that he is a top drawer guitar player and can throw his hand to just about any style. He also seems like a really decent human being and that counts for a lot :thumb: