Behind the nut open tuning beauty!

Wound_Up

Custom Title
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
John 5 is my favorite guitar player I use to shock non-metal fans. Visually he looks metal and his association with Marilyn Manson (if known) turns many off before they’ve heard a note. He’s the definition of “don’t judge a book by its cover”.

I wonder if he was with Manson when I saw him like a decade ago at the Rockstar Mayhem Festival when they were the headliner. As I've said before, I wasn't a Manson fan when I got there that day. But I was when we left that night. It was, BY FAR, the best concert I've ever been too. Manson brought the house down. And next year, Rob Zombie, Korn, and somebody else were pure garbage. I got bored and was ready to leave 90 minutes into the show. It didn't help that my friend I went with spent most of the concert talkin to some chick next to him even though he was married. Yea. I was pretty aggravated.

**Edit: for anyone who's read my other posts, it was my best friend Shaun that was electrocuted at work 6 weeks ago. Thankfully, today I can say it won't be the last show we saw together. He's making progress every day. I couldn't be more grateful**

Here's a clip from the show in '09 with Manson. Slayer opened for them. Bullet for My, Valentine was there. Killswitch Engage. A whole bunch of different bands played on the 5 different stages they had. The ones I named were all on the main stage.

*warning for language*

Last edited:

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
I wonder if he was with Manson when I saw him like a decade ago at the Rockstar Mayhem Festival when they were the headliner. As I've said before, I wasn't a Manson fan when I got there that day. But I was when we left that night. It was, BY FAR, the best concert I've ever been too. Manson brought the house down. And next year, Rob Zombie, Korn, and somebody else were pure garbage. I got bored and was ready to leave 90 minutes into the show. It didn't help that my friend I went with spent most of the concert talkin to some chick next to him even though he was married. Yea. I was pretty aggravated.

I can't say for sure if he was with them as a touring guitarist for your tour but as a regular member he left around 2004 or so. He did go on to play with Rob Zombie so it's possible you saw him during that show.

Wound_Up

Custom Title
Silver Member
Jan 23, 2020
NW LA
I can't say for sure if he was with them as a touring guitarist for your tour but as a regular member he left around 2004 or so. He did go on to play with Rob Zombie so it's possible you saw him during that show.

Yea, according to what I just found, it was only Marilyn & Twiggy on guitar. This was their tour for 'High End of Low', which I thought was actually a decent album.

Lineup[EDIT]

From: https://www.mansonwiki.com/wiki/The_High_End_of_Low_Tour:_Rockstar_Mayhem_Fest_Leg

Intune

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 14, 2021
Edmonton, Alberta
Wasn’t a huge fan of John 5, I liked Manson and rob zombie so I heard of him that way. John 5 was playing at a tiny local venue with his band back in 2019. Maybe 100-150 tops.

Ended up getting 4 tickets, myself, my wife, my brother and his wife. Didn’t really know what to expect but my buddy said I’d love it. He was right.

It was probably the best show I’ve ever seen. No signing, nothing. Just pounding bass, drums and crazy guitar riffs. My wife was blown away, once a small moss pit broke out beside us she got a bit freaked though. We didn’t leave the floor the entire time. Well there was a beer mule. Even bought a signed mask! 6F85F154-1D19-4D8E-8FDE-B00C0C897DCD.jpeg 4DD1E4C0-FCFF-4E48-A4F0-20B7DE8F630F.jpeg image.jpg