Best 5 and 15 watt amps?

firesgt911

Strat-Talker
Jul 2, 2009
Cali
I tried a lot of the sub 5 watters, and got the AC4TV. After a week, I am liking it more and more. Sounds great with pedals (especially Bad Monkey and Muffs) and is loud enough for me. Even the clean headroom is fine by me. A lot of people say it breaks up too soon, but mine stays clean loud enough to make my dog get up and leave and annoy my daughter!

g fun baby

Strat-Talk Member
Aug 11, 2009
TORONTO CANADA
I tried a lot of the sub 5 watters, and got the AC4TV. After a week, I am liking it more and more. Sounds great with pedals (especially Bad Monkey and Muffs) and is loud enough for me. Even the clean headroom is fine by me. A lot of people say it breaks up too soon, but mine stays clean loud enough to make my dog get up and leave and annoy my daughter!

Is yours the combo? I just got the head and 1x12 cab (celestion greenback) , and yup, there is plenty of clean headroom for my needs. And ohhh that tone! very classic.:)

firesgt911

Strat-Talker
Jul 2, 2009
Cali
I got the combo, because I can plug it into other cabs I have laying around. The 10 doesn't sound that bad at all though.

paleus

Strat-O-Master
Sep 16, 2009
Arkansas
I really like my Traynor Custom Special 50. It has a switch to take it down to 15 watts. I use it in 15 watt mode most of the time.

Bangbang

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 12, 2008
Michigan USA
Mentioned this on another thread but I am getting the Vox AC4TV Combo.....probably around XMAS. It better suits my uses. Everything else I have I need to use earphones or get complaints from my wife. 1/4 watt with a tone switch should do the trick.

T-Bodz Terry B.

Most Honored Senior Member
May 18, 2009
Highland Village, TX
I picked up a Mint / Used Marshall MG15 at Guitar Center a couple of months
back and really like it! New they were $189.99 but I got this one for $49.99!
Can't beat that price and they always seem to have a couple. I'm sure you
can find one on the GC Web Site in Used Gear if you'd like.

Take care!

Terry

fatstratdeluxed

Strat-O-Master
Aug 5, 2009
Alabama
That VOX AC4TV is supposed to be great. Good choice man! The next amp I'm getting is a VOX Night Train half stack to run stereo with my Egnater Rebel half stack... that would be sweet.

tubetone1956

Strat-O-Master
May 1, 2009
north carolina
"Best 5 and 15 watt amps?"

Can't claim that it's the best, but it's certainly my favorite. Trace Elliot Velocette.
Fifteen handwired watts of wonderful UK tone. It has a Voxy jangle, and quite as a church mouse. Simplicity at it's finest, volume, tone and a bright switch. Sure does it for me.

Cheers!

Attachments

• IMG_1305.jpg
    IMG_1305.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 235
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 135

me_alex

Strat-Talker
Nov 2, 2009
Antwerp, Belgium
You won't be disappointed.
And the Bitmo Trio mod takes it to the next level; now you can get the sound of a fender '57 twin amp for about 400 € (I also changed the Eminence Speaker with a Jensen speaker). Beautiful amp. ( and the cool thing is that many 'experienced' guitarists laugh at first, until they try it out for themselves. I always love the look on their face when they say: I've got to get one of these)