Best Luthiers for Strats

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by L0190, Nov 29, 2020.

1. StummerJoe

StummerJoe Senior Stratmaster

facepalm.gif

CyFan4036 and Hydr0 like this.
  2. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General

Except that unlike the way SP portrayed it Jenner did not run over a person, she rear ended another car that sent it into traffic where it was struck by another car and the driver died. SP actually changed the accident and just like I said was using it to say how ludicrous it was that just because of who she is she can get away with it like in real life. They went to great lengths to portray Jenner as hideously comical looking and dumb as possible to satirize how she got away with murder because she’s “stunning and brave”.

JC’s picture was a real life image of exactly what had happened on American streets in days preceding it and in Charlottesville a few years earlier. JC also in no way was using the image to say it was wrong on people to drive cars/trucks into a crowd. He was trying to get laughs on Facebook and it got him fired. Same with Fuller getting his products booted from GC.

I agree that dark humor has a place and as Steve Allen said comedy is tragedy plus time. Unfortunately for JC and Fuller their timing was wrong. I have yet to find a post on forums saying Fender was wrong to fire him and their sales do not seem to be suffering.

Like I’ve said it doesn’t bother me if anyone wants to buy these guys stuff and I don’t look down on them for doing so. I just feel that these two got what they deserved and I won’t buy their stuff, of course I already stopped buying Fuller’s stuff after he acted like a complete ass towards me for a warranty repair, but that’s another story. :D

3. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

Ok, personally I recognize that South Park is offense, but it still could be funny. The way they portray disabled kids is pretty despicable and I’m not gonna pretend it’s not. It is was it is, that’s the way I see it.

At least you are not judging people, so I’ll give you that.

Stratoskater likes this.
  4. Stratoskater

I agree SP can be offensive but at least they are universally offensive and don’t single out select groups. I think this is why they have lasted so long even with their controversial images, characters and jokes. I also think it’s due like I said from them using this to shed light on the way we treat groups. Like Timmy and Jimmy tend to be the heroes or save the day even while being portrayed using stereotypes normally found offensive. This dichotomy shows that these stereotypes are usually wrong and is actually making fun of those who believe in them and not the handicapped. This is my view of it at least, others will of course have their own interpretations of the show.

5. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Senior Stratmaster

You have to realise though he asked for vintage accurate....you want guys with vintage accurate knowledge and vintage accurate racism cause i dont know if you are aware but a virtue signalling guitar doesnt resonate as much while i racist one feels the most alive...if you managed to embed love or hate to an instrument then it ll deliver...

6. Bladesg

Bladesg Funk Meister Silver Member

I would attempt at least to assemble a vintage accurate replica myself using off the shelf parts.

I would only ever hire a luthier to build something of original design, but each to their own.

StummerJoe and Stratoskater like this.
  7. Guitar0621

Guitar0621 Strat-Talker

Marc Rutters

StummerJoe likes this.
  8. Jason D

Jason D Senior Stratmaster

In four pages of arguing, we’ve come up with a total of like 3-4 names for the OP? Very cool.

9. _MS_

_MS_ Strat-Talker

As a general rule : you may find a joke not funny, or even offensive. But you dont get to forbid the person who made it or the ones who find it funny to label it as a joke. The fact that you don’t like a joke doesn’t give you the right to treat it as a serious statement. Or else we are on a very slippery slope.

You made it clear you didn’t like what JC posted (and I totally get why), you made it clear you (you) wouldn’t buy anything from him. Can we move on and get back to topic ?

The original poster got to read that over and over, I think he has enough info to make his mind up. Plus I thought we were supposed to leave politics out of strat talk...

TeleRooo, StummerJoe and Stratoskater like this.
  10. Hydr0

Hydr0 Senior Stratmaster

We’re probably not gonna see eye-to-eye on the logic there, but that’s cool. I hope no hard feelings and we are good. Funny thing, is i was never a fan of John Cruz to begin with, even before he did that...I’m not a relic guy and his personality that i gauged from his interviews never really did it for me anyway, but I’m not against him either.

That said, apologies to the OP because I feel that I derailed their thread. I’m gonna take the easy way out on this one and blame my behavior on the lockdown, I’m going a little nuts being stuck in my apartment for 8+ months :D

I’ve never had a boutique guitar built for me and the only person I know anything about is @Ronkirn

From his postings here, Ron seems like a good guy and others on the site have been very happy with his work. So, I’d suggest that you at least reach out to Ron for a conversation about it, see how you feel and take it from there.

_MS_ and Stratoskater like this.
  11. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

I know a guy that would build you one, but it would cost somewhere north of $10,000.

Stratoskater likes this.
  12. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Dr. Stratster

depends on what you want.. do you want someone to build it from blocks of wood, or someone to piece one together (partscaster), finish it, and set it up perfectly? There are options for both.

A lot of luthiers use pre-made necks, and put work in on them to make them perfect. No shame in that, the magic is in the setup, anyway. Many, if not most of the big name builders do it this way

John Nicholas and StummerJoe like this.
  13. Stratoskater

Agree 100% with this except that I think it was me who derailed the thread with my post about JC, not you brother. And definitely agree for OP to check out Ron’s work, that guys stuff is incredible.

_MS_, Bob the builder and Hydr0 like this.
  14. StummerJoe

StummerJoe Senior Stratmaster

You weren't the one who derailed it with endless droning about the same thing over and over again after being asked to stop.

Bet the OP thinks Strat Talk is friggin' nuts now.

15. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

Ground up build: Ron Kirn.

Assembling parts: you.

And finally:

When someone shows you who they are, believe them the first time.
    :D

John Nicholas likes this.
  16. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

In other words...some things are a complete waste of bandwidth.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  17. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Silver Member

jeezus...what a thread.

Welcome to facebook...err strat-talk @L0190

macoshark, CigBurn, LTigh and 2 others like this.
  18. StratMcD

StratMcD Strat-Talk Member

19. StratMcD

StratMcD Strat-Talk Member

Lentz ... these guys build very good guitars ... just ask Buddy Whittington... and in my opinion Buddy is s good as good gets .
    (Mayall’s guitarist for 13 years Bluesbreakers).. however Buddy’s “go-to” is a genuine vintage ‘63 Strat... but he plays the blazes out of a Lentz “tele” and highly praised their guitar building abilities last I talked to him .

20. Scott Baxendale

Scott Baxendale Strat-O-Master Gold Supporting Member

Just buy a real one. The replica’s are just an illusion of a vintage guitar a real one isn’t.

fezz parka likes this.