Best Stratocaster Pickguard Color?

Which is the best Strat pickguard color?

• Mint Green

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Mint Green

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Mint Green

Votes: 6 30.0%

• Total voters

Sally

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 17, 2022
New Jersey
I bought the buttercream Player Series. It looks more outright yellow than buttercream, and the Pickguard seemed very white. I bought genuine Fender Parchment replacements, and realized that what’s on the guitar already is…. Parchment. Me is dope.

Attachments

• B11BEF1C-5739-4F22-8052-1E02B95A919D.jpeg
    B11BEF1C-5739-4F22-8052-1E02B95A919D.jpeg
    152.2 KB · Views: 10

Ocaster Ben

Strat-Talker
May 11, 2022
Australia
Brown would not go well with mint pickguard. I don't have any examples to show you, I don't think anyone was ever game to even try it.

billy1187

Strat-Talker
Jan 1, 2014
Earth
Depends on the Strat, doesn't it? WBW, BWB, white pearl, tortoise and mint each work for me on something.

Although lately I'm less a fan of mint green, I tend more toward newer-looking guitars that I do "aged" colors. I still have mint on a sonic blue sort-of Strat but the pickups are all over the place in that colorwise. WIll sort that out over the winter

Slartybartfast

Strat-Talker
Aug 10, 2020
Ca.
Seriously though, are there any body colours you wouldn’t combine with a mint green pickguard?
No but there are some interesting choices. Gold anodized goes with almost anything, single ply white is always nice, also cherry shell on Olympic White rocks ('64 Duo-Sonic and some Mustangs).

FunkyWilly

Strat-Talk Member
Sep 19, 2020
Chicago
I love the mint green on my Surf Pearl Player Strat (in my profile photo). So what is the history of mint green? Why is that a common option?

buzzword

Strat-Talker
Nov 12, 2020
Los Angeles
Not
Seriously though, are there any body colours you wouldn’t combine with a mint green pickguard?
Not a fan. I immediately replace them. Mocha burst looks 100% better with black, and an aged white/moto perloid on Mystic Surf Green absolutely *pops*, both came with mint green. Not even a fan of the white perloid, but had one lying around never used from a past trial and tried it on a lark. When my wife says holy sh*t that looks great, I know it does, because she could care less about my guitars :) The picture doesn't do it justice. I have 3 other guitars, all with black pickguards.

Tele 1.jpg tele 2.jpg

Stoneglad

New Member!
Jul 25, 2020
Philadelphia
I don’t currently have a guitar with one, but recently I’ve been really liking the look of gold anodized aluminum pick guards.
I’m tempted to buy a few for my Strats!
Anyone have experience with them?
My fear is that it will change the feel of the guitar (it looks textured)?

monte merrick

Most Honored Senior Member
I don’t currently have a guitar with one, but recently I’ve been really liking the look of gold anodized aluminum pick guards.
I’m tempted to buy a few for my Strats!
Anyone have experience with them?
My fear is that it will change the feel of the guitar (it looks textured)?
these are my preference... largely because they arent plastic.