Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Best Stratocaster Pickups!

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Hendrixstrat106, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Hendrixstrat106

Hendrixstrat106 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Champaign Illinois
    Talking to me? If you are ;) than I am asking what is your opinion favorite pickups, I made a mistake in the title, or maybe not. All I'm saying is whatever pickup you like pops into your head, say it! ;)

matlor likes this.
  2. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    Some great pickups around these days........
    I tried the '54 Custom Shop and the '69 Custom Shop and really liked both of them........:D
    I am currently using Bare Knuckle '63 Veneers and really love them.........I also have a set of '69 Chubtones (not made any more unfortunately) that were wound custom for me and they are amazing.........:cool:

I was in a music store the other day trying pedals and I used a new Mexi Standard Strat and I thought the pickups sounded great...........they needed some height tweaking but the tone was top notch:thumb: .

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. Bladesg

Bladesg Senior Stratmaster

Oct 31, 2013
    Australia
    So so subjective obviously but my favs...

Fender OEM: PV59, PV65 and whatever comes stock in the HR62

Aftermarket: Lollar Blackface, Lollar Blonde, D.Allen Tru 62, Klein Jazzy Cats, Klein 1959 Epic

5. baris

baris Strat-Talk Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Turkey
    Yes and no. I agree what you said but what I mean is ; All these things are varies from person to person and cannot be agreed on sth precisely. It is RELATIVE :)

6. Guitaraxe

Guitaraxe Strat-O-Master

Aug 22, 2015
    States
    I haven't felt the need to change out the Fat 50's in my 2012 AmSt so I would put those on a "top list".

matlor and Braumeisterblake like this.
  7. ido1957

ido1957 Strat-O-Master

Oct 13, 2014
    Canada
    I don't like Hendrix or want to sound like him so I'll stick with what I have. YMMV

8. Mr Peabody

Mr Peabody Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2016
    The Deep South
    The very ones that I have on my two Strats - a '57 AVRI and a '64 Custom Shop.

Hendrixstrat106 likes this.
  9. Mr Peabody

Mr Peabody Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2016
    The Deep South
    Would it be an overstatement to say that Baris' reply sailed straight up & over your head?

10. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Strat-Talker

Jan 10, 2017
    San Diego
  11. guitarman1984

guitarman1984 Senior Stratmaster

Jul 24, 2013
    Italy
    Interested in your comment, did you push slightly down the g pole and the d pole? How did you do that? Isn't there a small risk to ruin the pickup?

12. johnnymg

johnnymg Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 5, 2015
    Central Coast Ca
    I removed the pups from the PG and carefully pressed the G, D, and B (very slight) down a bit. The G, D, and B poles are still 'proud' of the plastic cover but just not as much as originally. I really like the tone now: Still very bright and clear but just more balanced from string-string in terms of volume and more defined quack in position 2. JMO, of course!

There are numerous threads on ST and other sites about the risks/rewards of doing this mod.

Ditchgator likes this.
  13. guitarman1984

guitarman1984 Senior Stratmaster

Jul 24, 2013
    Italy
    Thanks for the feedback!

14. Bygones

Bygones Strat-Talker

Jun 26, 2014
    Connecticut
    I like the rio grande tall boys. Had mine since the mid 90s and don't feel like swapping them out.

15. Golem

Golem Strat-Talker

Aug 19, 2011
    Monterey
    Kinman Woodstock Plus and not just because they are noiseless.

16. Golem

Golem Strat-Talker

Aug 19, 2011
    Monterey
    Kinman Woodstock Plus and not just because they are noiseless.

17. felis

felis Senior Stratmaster

Nov 27, 2013
    Antwerp/Belgium
    :thumb:

'E's ;)

18. LPBlue

LPBlue Most Honored Senior Member

Jul 19, 2012
    Canada, near the other end
    Opinions are like...:whistling: I'm a big fan of Bardens...old Bardens (early 90s). I have a Strat and a Tele loaded with them and I couldn't be happier!:thumbd: The only downside to them is the price.:eek:

STK66 and Ditchgator like this.
  19. anderz

anderz Strat-O-Master

May 4, 2014
    Denmark
    The ones you like the best! Simple really!

I put CS69 in partscaster Blackie 1998 and they are still in. Why change?

20. Bazz Jass

Bazz Jass Chairman of the Fingerboard Strat-Talk Supporter

Nov 19, 2014
    Comfy Chair
    I think you'll find a lot of us here have the best pickups in our strats. So just buy what we've got! :thumb:

:p

STK66 and felis like this.