Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Best Stratocaster Pickups!

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Hendrixstrat106, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Hendrixstrat106

Hendrixstrat106 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 4, 2015
    Champaign Illinois
    Talking to me? If you are ;) than I am asking what is your opinion favorite pickups, I made a mistake in the title, or maybe not. All I'm saying is whatever pickup you like pops into your head, say it! ;)

2. dbbluesproject

dbbluesproject Senior Stratmaster

Nov 3, 2015
    Maine
    Some great pickups around these days........
    I tried the '54 Custom Shop and the '69 Custom Shop and really liked both of them........:D
    I am currently using Bare Knuckle '63 Veneers and really love them.........I also have a set of '69 Chubtones (not made any more unfortunately) that were wound custom for me and they are amazing.........:cool:

I was in a music store the other day trying pedals and I used a new Mexi Standard Strat and I thought the pickups sounded great...........they needed some height tweaking but the tone was top notch:thumb: .

3. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

4. Bladesg

Bladesg Strat-O-Master

Oct 31, 2013
    Australia
    So so subjective obviously but my favs...

Fender OEM: PV59, PV65 and whatever comes stock in the HR62

Aftermarket: Lollar Blackface, Lollar Blonde, D.Allen Tru 62, Klein Jazzy Cats, Klein 1959 Epic

5. baris

baris Strat-Talk Member

Apr 6, 2017
    Turkey
    Yes and no. I agree what you said but what I mean is ; All these things are varies from person to person and cannot be agreed on sth precisely. It is RELATIVE :)

6. Guitaraxe

Guitaraxe Strat-O-Master

Aug 22, 2015
    States
    I haven't felt the need to change out the Fat 50's in my 2012 AmSt so I would put those on a "top list".

7. ido1957

ido1957 Strat-O-Master

Oct 13, 2014
    Canada
    I don't like Hendrix or want to sound like him so I'll stick with what I have. YMMV

8. Mr Peabody

Mr Peabody Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2016
    The Deep South
    The very ones that I have on my two Strats - a '57 AVRI and a '64 Custom Shop.

Hendrixstrat106 likes this.
  9. Mr Peabody

Mr Peabody Strat-Talk Member

Oct 11, 2016
    The Deep South
    Would it be an overstatement to say that Baris' reply sailed straight up & over your head?