Join Strat-Talk Today

Beware Mr. Baker

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by CigBurn, Aug 12, 2019.

1. WhiteWabbit

WhiteWabbit Senior Stratmaster

Weird that people idolize him. Yea, it’s kinda d**kish to not wanna meet fans but that’s just his personality and it’s pretty tame next to Moon the Loon. Lol

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Grux likes this.
  2. Wrighty

Wrighty Senior Stratmaster

I’m a f*****g drummer and I’m here to f*****g tell you that you’re all f*****g mad except ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and Animal)

Belexes and WhiteWabbit like this.
  3. radd

radd Strat-O-Master

Only watched to far up through the Cream years, that is when I became aware of him in the late 60’s when I was hooked on Cream.

Crazy SOB to be sure.

4. rafasounds

rafasounds Senior Stratmaster

I wouldnt like to live with him, but I guess someone has to endure some people like him in order to something like Cream exist. There is no Cream without Ginger. I don't believe the "nobody is irreplaceable" modern mantra. Everybody prioritizes good friendly vibes these days...there has never been more anemic times.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
    Neil.C and Grux like this.
  5. WhiteWabbit

[​IMG]

6. jaxjaxon

jaxjaxon Strat-Talker

I knew he was a jazz drummer,I knew he grew up in England during WWII, I knew he didn't get along very well with Jack, I knew he was a Heroin addict. I didn't know he was fatherless at the age of 4, I didn't know he was so violent. He is still a great drummer. maybe he was such a great drummer because of how his early life went. One thing for sure either you have good timing and rhythm or you don't and if you don't you will never be a good player.

rafasounds likes this.
  7. nungesser

nungesser When I became of age my momma sat me down Strat-Talk Supporter

wild movie for sure, I'm a huge fan of Ginger Baker not sure I want to be stuck in a room with the guy. My friend who's a drummer met him in Tijuana when he was drumming with Masters Of Reality. My buddy got down early and was having some drinks at the bar on the outside of the venue and start chatting with Ginger who put him on the guest list.
    Ginger is really an amazing drummer and the stuff he did in the mid 80's onward is fantastic and really interesting

8. Grux

Grux Strat-O-Master

I can agree with that! Sometimes you gotta break a few eggs to make an omelette.

Neil.C and rafasounds like this.
  9. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

I really don't get the self-righteous "lunatic" and "poor specimen" comments. I suppose you'd say the same about Van Gogh?

Some the greatest creative works of humanity have been created by "lunatics".

Ginger Baker was one of the greatest drummers ever. And yes of course he's nuts. But that's probably what created the gift he has anyway.

Neil.C and rafasounds like this.
  10. WhiteWabbit

Yes. Doesn’t mean they don’t make great art.

11. WhiteWabbit

I think you do gotta be a little crazy to be a genius artist as it requires being an independent thinker and going against the grain. It’s a topic worthy of its own discussion.

12. GuitarMechanic

GuitarMechanic Most Honored Senior Member

I saw this awhile back and like I said even then, just because you are so great doess not give you the right to treat others like $&!*

Antstrat and dante1963 like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.