Bill Machrone passed away

Donald77

Senior Stratmaster
A family member just announced the passing of Bill Machrone from Billm Audio.

"It is with very heavy hearts that we announce the passing of our beloved husband and father, Bill Machrone. He made a peaceful transition at home last night, with us as his side.. As many of our friends know, Bill was diagnosed with brain cancer in January of 2014. We feel blessed – we had three good years after surgery and he was spared pain and suffering, even at the end. Bill handled his cancer with dignity and courage. In his own typical fashion, he researched and studied the disease and each step of its progression, as he would a new tech product or a new amplifier modification. We are extremely grateful for the wonderful medical and home health care he received and for the support from friends and family. We will share arrangements for his Memorial Service shortly."

Bill is known for his Blues junior modifications.

http://billmaudio.com/wp/

spellcaster

Strat-O-Master
May 12, 2008
Duncan, BC, Canada
My condolences to the Machrone family. It's a terrible thing to lose a loving family member, but I hope you can take comfort in the quality of life he enjoyed during his last years. Bill was a highly respected member of the music industry with many accomplishments in amplifier innovation. He'll be missed.

Highwaystrat

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 30, 2013
California
God bless.
He influenced me to buy a blues jr iii, and I found one that was already modded witht he Billm mods, I liked it a lot.
He influenced me and i ended up adding a mid range knob to my Fender princeton.
He also had a huge impact on younger folks getting into modding and maintaining amps.
I met a lot of young people who were into Billm mods and read a lot of his stuff.

I thank him for his in depth explanations about Fender princetons too, all good stuff on there.

psallo

Senior Stratmaster
Dec 26, 2012
Asherville
I'm sorry to hear this. I never met or corresponded with Bill M nor did I even do any of his mods, but I enjoyed reading the pages he put up on the internet and all the material he wrote for guitarists just out of love for amplification. He seemed like a special person who just loved to tinker and learn about things, and make them better.

Prayers to the Machrone family.

artgtr

Artgtr
Silver Member
Aug 18, 2013
Wurtsboro, NY
RIP Bill! Thanks for all the mods on my Blues Jr. & always quick to answer a question! Just a good guy! My prayers to his family!

Steve112

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 15, 2013
Abbotsford, Canada
RIP BillM, there are many players using Bill's mods. He's brought much happiness to many.
Thanks Bill, your contributions to us all will live on, God Speed 'til we meet again!