Billy Corgan Stolen Strat Found

spyglass

Strat-O-Master
Feb 6, 2011
Philadelphia
The Billy Corgan Stratocaster that was Stolen from a 1992 Smashing Pumpkins show has been found,I guess Fender will eventual dissect it to see what makes it tick as Billy says Its that magical strat and was never able to reproduce the sound after it was gone.And Sorry If this was already posted but I found nothing on here regarding this.

https://www.musicradar.com/news/bil...r-27-years-exclusive-behind-the-scenes-report

Last edited:

RangerJay

Strat-Talk Member
Nov 16, 2016
DFW
I’ve had several Strats stolen. None came back. My new Strats turned out well.

However, I had this ‘86 model of 57 reissue that I never thought I’d get over. Perfect for me, then gone.

I recently got a relatively inexpensive model MIJ. It is so close that it is freaky. Plays great, stays in tune, and is comfortable like the one I lost.

Nice happy endings are good.

spyglass

Strat-O-Master
Feb 6, 2011
Philadelphia
Cant believe she bought a early 70's strat at a yard sale for $200.00.Right place right time.Would like to know the back story before it got to the yard sale,Strange

vid1900

Most Honored Senior Member
Nov 25, 2016
Yemen
Would like to know the back story before it got to the yard sale

It's obvious:

Lowlife Detroit kid steals Strat.

He never knew his dad, and his moms a junky; so he lived in his grandparent's basement.

Kid finally ODs while listening to Nirvana.

After a few years his grandparents are moving into a senior center, and have a yard sale; selling the guitar and all the bad memories a yellow guitar brings with it.

Beth James is visiting her own mother she has left behind in Detroit.

She sees the garage sale on the same street, and buys a rusty Vernor's sign, an old family bible that will look cool on her coffee table, and Billy's guitar.

Latter she is "de-cluttering her house" (getting a divorce) and has a $20,000 payday.

spyglass

Strat-O-Master
Feb 6, 2011
Philadelphia
It's obvious:

Lowlife Detroit kid steals Strat.

He never knew his dad, and his moms a junky; so he lived in his grandparent's basement.

Kid finally ODs while listening to Nirvana.

After a few years his grandparents are moving into a senior center, and have a yard sale; selling the guitar and all the bad memories a yellow guitar brings with it.

Beth James is visiting her own mother she has left behind in Detroit.

She sees the garage sale on the same street, and buys a rusty Vernor's sign, an old family bible that will look cool on her coffee table, and Billy's guitar.

Latter she is "de-cluttering her house" (getting a divorce) and has a $20,000 payday.

Oh this is classic, and it probably went down like this,Lol.