Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Bit the Bullet and Taking Online Lessons

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by Boognish, Nov 9, 2017.

1. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    I've been trying for a long time to teach myself theory and I'm just not grasping it. I've watched several videos on you tube and came across a guy named Ross Campbell. They way he's been going over things in videos have been helpful and I'm slowly grasping it. He has a website where you pay $20 and you have access to several videos and PDF's explaining everything very well, for me at least, and also ask questions. I paid the $20 and I'm very impressed! I've already learned all the notes across the fretboard....that's progress for me. I know that learning the notes across the board is something I don't need to pay for but I need the structure and discipline to sit down and learn and these lessons helps me do that.

The thing with theory is I know bits and pieces of the puzzle but don't know where the pieces connect together and I think these lessons will help me fit those pieces together so I can see the big picture. My goal is to learn theory or at least understand it and help me throw solo's in and some improvisation.

Has anyone else taken lessons online like this? What was your experience?

2-Finger and circles like this.

2. RichieS

RichieS Strat-Talker

Sep 1, 2016
    The City
    I've never taken lessons online, but I will say that if you feel yourself progressing- that is money well spent!

IME learning music is like moving up a series of plateaus. It feels like your going nowhere, and then (out of nowhere) a light goes on and something that was once so confusing becomes clear.

2-Finger, henderman and Boognish like this.

3. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    I know what you mean! I've been at that plateau for a while and that's why I signed up for the lessons. It's been a long time since that light has come on! I'm ready for it to shine bright!:D

papergoblin likes this.

4. papergoblin

papergoblin Strat-Talker

Sep 21, 2017
    Alabama
    Watched some of the Guitar Tricks stuff with my son and it was pretty cool. I do like the yousician (however it is spelled), great for warm ups. My brother just started learning and has been using it for learning to move his fingers and such.

In this day and age many say why pay it's free, just google. I for one say it's worth it just to have an order and structure to it, in one place. Plus if it lets you print stuff, that's cheaper than buying a ton of books. I struggle with theory, going to have to check it out, thanks for the find.

Boognish likes this.