Join Strat-Talk Today

Black Crows

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stratafied, Nov 30, 2019.

1. Deathray

Deathray Strat-O-Master

“Southern harmony” and “Amorica” are my two favorites. But “SYMM” got me hooked

2. tanta07

tanta07 Strat-Talk Member

Same! I also really dug Crowology, which is kind of their acoustic takes on their songs. There's something about the different instrumentation and the rawness in Chris's voice that I really like.

Also love the "live in the studio" record they did at Leon Helm's barn studio.

Deathray likes this.
  3. Vic Interceptor

Vic Interceptor Strat-Talker

Maybe it was just the the era. They filled a vacuum left by the death of SRV, the break up of the Stray Cats, and lack of rock and roll for years. Hair bands were still him, GNR leading the pack and I hated that crap. Then grunge hit and I REALLY hated that. The Crowes left what I considered "good" RnR and went off on some weird Dead trip and lost their way IMHO. They had a couple of good songs along the way, but Moneymaker was a canteen of water in the desert of the 1991.

tanta07 likes this.
  4. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

I have seen them twice before on the Southern Harmony tour and the Amorica tour. I can't imagine they would be better now than they were then..

5. LarryBirdsFace

LarryBirdsFace Strat-Talker

Southern Harmony is a top 10 desert island album for me. I love peak Crowes, and I might check this out, but it feels like a cash grab. Gorman was an indispensable part of their grove, to me. They always had a rotating cast of lead guitar and bass players, per se, but Gorman made that band swing. I do like that they brought in Tim Lefebvre as the bass player though, that guy is a total monster.

6. michaelinokc

michaelinokc Strat-Talker

Got my floor seats for the Tulsa show in June.

7. tanta07

tanta07 Strat-Talk Member

Uh, that would of course be LEVON Helm. Stupid autocorrect.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.