Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Blue busrt beauty

Discussion in 'Non-Fender S-Type Guitar Forum' started by Vanadeo, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Vanadeo

Vanadeo New Member!

Dec 3, 2017
    Sheffield UK
    Hi folks almost done with this now but it has taken me for ever to complete.

Here is my midnight blue burst Strat project, so far is awesome BUT something seems a little off.

I am a bit of a newb when it comes to wiring and I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I done something daft here.. See its HSS config and I have 2 volumes and one universal Tone and a 3 way switch. I followed a wiring diagram of which I am sure is meant for single coils but I went ahead and did this wiring with HSS config.. The humbucker sounds a bit weak for something thats meant to be a high output pickup.

I'll include pics of the guitar and wiring diagram.. I have a 500K pot for humbucker, 250K for single and 300K for tone.. Was wondering if somethings sapping the umph out of the humbuvker or if I have wired it wrong lol... Anyway she's a nice axe.

Attached Files:

2. Vanadeo

Vanadeo New Member!

Dec 3, 2017
    Sheffield UK
    As a reply to my self... I think it's probably just the pickup.. It sounds beefy as hell playing along to backing tracks.

Then again ive had a couple of whiskeys soo god knows LOL.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2017

3. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

Nice looking guitar!!

Vanadeo likes this.

4. TangerineDog

TangerineDog Senior Stratmaster

Sep 5, 2015
    The EU
    Wow.
    She looks great!

Wiring looks ok, but I'm reading this trying not to fall asleep so tomorrow might bring new evidence to light.

Vanadeo likes this.

5. Vanadeo

Vanadeo New Member!

Dec 3, 2017
    Sheffield UK
    Thanks!... I'll post another few pics once I get the proper neck on and knobs etc :).. Cheers dog! I'll be awaiting your verdict on the wiring lol.. I think it is okay It sounds pretty beast through my amp, I think its just the pickup.