Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Blues jr. With cannabis rex

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Jimgchord, Jul 14, 2017.

1. Jimgchord

Jimgchord Strat-Talk Member

Jan 29, 2016
    New york
    If anyone is contemplating putting one of these speakers in their blues jr. , Save the ninety bucks and just throw a heavy blanket over your amp.

FormerTeleGuy likes this.

2. Mr. Lumbergh

Mr. Lumbergh needs you to go ahead and come in on Sunday, too. Strat-Talk Supporter

Jan 10, 2014
    Initech, Inc.
    I have one in my Hot Rod and think it's great.

3. Jimgchord

Jimgchord Strat-Talk Member

Jan 29, 2016
    New york
    Maybe it's different in that amp?
    I found that it really softened up the attack too much. I was looking for smooth but that was way too much. Prob great for jazz though. Everybody raves about them in blues jr, I found it was a tone suck.

4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. rudos1

rudos1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 16, 2013
    Boston
    Had one in an Ampeg TurboJet and loved it..

6. ashcastermetal

ashcastermetal Senior Stratmaster

Jun 1, 2012
    NYC
    Blues Jr amps can't really handle the low end, they start farting out. I've read that the can seriously benefit from a beefier output transformer but never tried it.

My little Fender Champ 5F1 blows away any Blues Jr I've ever played. I know they're very popular but a 5F1 clone can be had for the same money and IMO is just better.

7. Sarnodude

Sarnodude Senior Stratmaster

Sep 26, 2015
    Mukilteo
    Speakers need time to break-in. Plus I thought BJr's are too bright?

8. Nick in Seattle

Nick in Seattle Strat-Talk Member

Apr 7, 2016
    Seattle
    I have a Blues Jr and I find it to be a great amp with great tone and not too bright. It seems there are some differences between them? I don't know enough about them to be sure. All I know is that mine fits my needs very well. I have a friend with Cannabis rex in his hot rod DeVille and it sounds great. My 2 cents.

9. irie

irie Strat-Talker

Jul 15, 2014
    Orange County, CA
    I run one in my Blues junior and love it, to each their own...

10. Vindibona1

Vindibona1 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Are you running with the Master all the way up and then dialing in the "volume" knob for loudness? Or are you setting your amp intuitively by using the Master for loudness and volume for dirt?