blues junior iv and line 6 dm4 distortion modeller

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by emann, Feb 16, 2020.

1. emann

emann Strat-Talk Member Silver Member

Hello,

so i am off to my first pedal after 1 year playing my american prof strat in mostly clean mode on a blues junior iv.

I have found a line 6 dm 4 pedal with a number of great pedal models in it and now have it in hand...all set up and working fine. But my experience with any pedals is just a zero.

Some questions:

1. What settings do I set the amp to when the pedal is connected. Do I set the distortion level from the pedal and then arrange the tone from the amp or do I put the knobs of the amp to a particular setting and then set the tone from the pedal. The pedal has knobs for drive, bass, mid, treble, volume and gate.
    2. Upon pressing the footswitch of the pedal I note a strong hiss from the amp. Can I remove this?
    3. I can lower the gain close to zero for this hiss to be removed but then I barely get any volume from the amplifier.

Finally anyone using this pedal can provide any other information about it and how you find it in general.

2. nirvana73

nirvana73 New Member!

[QUOTE = "emann, post: 3815050, member: 68274"] Ciao,

quindi sono pronto per il mio primo pedale dopo 1 anno a suonare il mio prof americano in modalità prevalentemente pulita su un blues junior iv.

Hi I wanted to ask, if your BJ also has background noise, like hummmm when you turn it on. You can hear if there is silence but to register a little annoyance ...
    I wanted to know if this is normal!
    Thanks a lot.
    Ho trovato un pedale di linea 6 dm 4 con un numero di fantastici modelli di pedali e ora l'ho in mano ... tutto impostato e funziona bene. Ma la mia esperienza con qualsiasi pedale è solo zero.

Alcune domande:

1. Su quali impostazioni imposto l'amplificatore quando il pedale è collegato. Regolo il livello di distorsione dal pedale e poi arrangio il tono dall'amplificatore o metto le manopole dell'amplificatore su una particolare impostazione e poi imposto il tono dal pedale. Il pedale ha manopole per drive, bass, mid, treble, volume e gate.
    2. Premendo l'interruttore a pedale del pedale, noto un forte sibilo dall'amplificatore. Posso rimuoverlo?
    3. I can lower the gain close to zero for this hiss to be removed but then I barely get any volume from the amplifier.

Finally anyone using this pedal can provide any other information about it and how you find it in general.[/QUOTE]

3. emann

emann Strat-Talk Member Silver Member

I have no hum on my Blues Junior - can it be coming from your pickups - static energy?

Maybe try a noise gate pedal and see if it goes away.