Blues Recorded Version Tab books.

Discussion in 'Tab & Music Forum' started by Zman, Aug 10, 2008.

1. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

Over the years I have picked up several excellent "recorded" version tab books. They are note for note music tabs and chords for a specific album.
    Hal Leonard does a great job of this and with a cd player with a remote and the books you can learn songs from your favourite albums.
    The ones I have are as follows"
    Stevie Ray Vaughan Lightnin Blues 1983 to 1987. Exact versions of his recorded songs for that period.

Buddy Guy Slippin In. Note for note from the album.

Gary Moore After hours.

Eric clapton Me and Mr. Johnson. This one also gives the alternate tunings used on the guitars.

If there any other blues ones out there I would like a heads up.
    I find these real easy to use because you can listen to the actual album then play the notes and rewind and do it over until you get the licks down.
    A great learning tool because they are note for note transcriptions of a specific cd.

2. Jefro

Jefro Senior Stratmaster

Hey, just saw this thread now and I'm also a big fan of the Recorded Version Books. And I as well have the SRV Lighting Blues 83 - 87 and also have Hendrix Live At the Lisle Of Night. Both are awesome books and I do just was you described, I'll sit here with the stereo on and the book open and just play away, its great!