Join Strat-Talk Today

Bon Voyage

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Guy Named Sue, Jan 14, 2020 at 7:12 AM.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Guy Named Sue

Guy Named Sue Still haven't been canceled yet, working on it Strat-Talk Supporter

This site is a funny experiment, question is whether or not you can figure out what the purpose of the experiment is. I don't mind being held accountable for things I do wrong, but to each time I create a harmless thread get it locked, deleted and shutdown because someone can't abide by the rules. That's a bit too much. Some might call it annoying.

Is it me who's in the wrong or the person who steps outta line and gets my thread deleted in the wrong? Or are be accomplices?

Which then leaves me to believe that there is a collective unconscious thought being driven here, about what you should post and not post in order to not get others trigger happy to get your thread locked. What the unconscious thought is, that's remained for you to figure out for yourself by walking on eggshells.

And dare not to create a thread where you encourage others to have a philosophical discussion about who the freest man on earth is, because that's going to get deleted immediately without explanation.

Bon vonyage and thanks for the laughs

circles, s5tuart, Stratafied and 2 others like this.
  2. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

3. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Senior Stratmaster

My apologies if I contributed to the last thread being locked , they could lighten up a bit though jeeze.

4. Lone Woof

Lone Woof Senior Stratmaster

What did I miss?

circles and CephasG like this.
  5. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

6. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

Some threads can't go anywhere else Joel, that was definitely one of them. Some don't even make it to one reply, thank goodness.

circles and Stratoskater like this.
  7. Will Lefeurve

Will Lefeurve Most Honored Senior Member

Well I second that.. because it looks like I did contribute to the thread being locked with my posts. Words that make no sense across the pond, and I make no bones about that. Although, as you say, they could lighten up a bit.. double jeeze.. :rolleyes:

Personally, I can't see anything that disagreeable in the thread, I've read through it again, but there you go, what do I know. Not a lot obviously, such is life.

As for @Guy Named Sue throwing in the towel, don't do it mate, its no big deal, and there's nothing like a smack on the wrist to enliven the wit. I'll probably be banned now.. ha.. :)

circles, s5tuart, Stratafied and 2 others like this.
  8. jrbirdman

jrbirdman Senior Stratmaster

9. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

Sorry, but I missed the whole thing. Sounds like it must have been interesting, or at least not boring.

Boognish and Stratafied like this.
  10. Tuner Sandwich

Tuner Sandwich Strat-Talker

Who's right, who's wrong, it's kinda like when we're hanging out with my wife's church friends and I accidentally drop an F bomb. I didn't mean to, but I didn't not mean to either.

She jabs me in the ribs, I apologise and life goes on.

Boognish likes this.
  11. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Farewell Joel. I thoroughly enjoy your presence here. Hope to see you around.

circles, Sarnodude and BallisticSquid like this.
  12. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

This site will let you get away with quite a lot. I used to be a member of a classical guitar forum. You weren’t allowed to post videos of copyrighted works, so no YouTube vids for the most part, joke around or really talk about other types of guitars that weren’t nylon stringed. The people were snobby in some cases. I took what I learned from them and then just faded away. It got to be an unpleasant experience. But this forum has some great people, and they offer each other emotional support, technical advise, and lets vendors on here a lot. There is a lot of free speech here at ST, unlike that other forum, where I was accused of making a political statement, because some guy in Sweden got angry that I started a thread about an online vendor that offers a military discount to all US active duty and Veterans. I just couldn’t believe it. So things are pretty good here I think. But yes, trolls can ruin it for everybody else, here, there, and everywhere.

circles and MartinoTJ like this.
  13. CephasG

CephasG Senior Stratmaster

I missed the thread about the freest man. What happened?

Stratafied likes this.
  14. Hydr0

Hydr0 Strat-Talker

How many replies until THIS thread gets deleted? lol

Obviously, strat-talk is a guitar forum, but I always thought the sidewinders forum was for discussions not necessarily about guitars. It was a place where the community could discuss other interests.

At times, it seems to be a little over sensitive in here, just my opinion.

ZlurkCorzDog likes this.
  15. bluejazzoid

bluejazzoid Strats Amore Strat-Talk Supporter

Hey - at least you didn't start a thread about Gwenyth Paltrow's candle. :whistling:

But if you gotta leave, then leave..... you'll be missed, but we all understand (or should).

:thumb:

16. Stratoskater

Stratoskater Fuzz Meister General Strat-Talk Supporter

The issue is both his threads that were locked happened when some folks made political comments and posted pics/meme of the current US President and posted the names of other political figures. I know this was not GuyNamedSues intent but it's where these threads went. The rules clearly state you cannot even post the name or pic of a politician.

"POLITICAL" POSTS:
    At Strat-Talk a political post is any post that directly or indirectly encourages discussion of politics and the larger public policies that are political in nature - an example: Global Climate Change.

Our "off-topic" area is made for "non-Stratocaster" discussion, but it's not for discussion of foreign policy, global warming, job outsourcing, domestic economic policy, global trade issues, gun rights, criminal justice policy or issues, any specific branches of government or generally any government policy on the local, state, national or international level.

ANY POST CONTAINING A POLITICIAN BY NAME OR IN AM IMAGE -- EVEN AS A JOKE -- WILL BE REMOVED AS A POLITICAL POST.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2020 at 9:18 AM
    StratSounds and Stratafied like this.
  17. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Senior Stratmaster

I hope you reconsider Joel. I enjoy your presence here also.

s5tuart likes this.
  18. Believer7713

Believer7713 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Well I missed all but the first two entries in that thread. I have had a couple of my threads go south quick, fast and in a hurry within the last couple months too. Sometimes we get the idea to start a thread that we mean to be fun and a way to learn a bit about the people that we hang out with. things can go south quickly though when you get a bunch of people together. We all do not see everything the same way or all have the same beliefs. That diversity is a very large part of what makes this world and this forum so great though. The problem with that is not in the diversity but in the egos of the individual persons within the diverse group.
    I've had an issue with this happening a couple times but I now just contact the mods and have it shout down myself.

Boognish likes this.
  19. Stratafied

Stratafied Strat-O-Master

Me too.. what’s up?

20. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Senior Stratmaster

Well some one mentioned ##### ****** In a thread about ******* oops nearly did it again then :whistling:

circles, CephasG and Stratafied like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.